Kawasaki Klx 250 Pattaya

pluto_manibo

I have 21km on my bike and would like to know what most owners' have done and with what results. I am basically from the "ride it like you stole it!" school but would like forum members points of views. I am based in Pattaya and bought the bike from Kawasaki on Sukhumvit. This article explains the school of thought that running it hard is better several reasons: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm What petroleum based oil (10w40) to use? Where would you go to have the bike serviced (oil+ filter change) other then Kawasaki in the Pattaya area. Thanks ;)

I did the "break in" on our little Fino some 2 years ago and I followed the shops advise and not going over 60-70 km/ hour the first 500 km and tried to vary the revs as much as possible without going too high. Today at almost 12k km on the clock it have never been better, goes 100 km/h and uses no oil.

I did the same some 10-12 years ago in Denmark on a Suzuki GXS (or something) 600 and I did as above, and that bike also ran very good when the breaking in was done.

I think its best to follow the manufactures advise.

would it not be in the manufacturers interest for the bikes to fail shortly after warranty expires ? the whole spare parts industry being worth millions and all that ...........:whistling:

if bikes lasted too long people would never be faced with the old "repair it or upgrade to latest model dilemma " :)