Thai Police Suspect They Have Found Bodies Of 169 Missing Red-Shirts

webfact

How come its the first time we hear of 169 missing Red Shirts? Where were the inquiries from family and friends over this allegedly missing people?

Red Shirts have been going on and on over the 92 people killed during their protest, but I haven't heard a pip about any missing persons.

I think this is a bone thrown to the Red Shirts (who are keen on feeding on dead people) to keep them fired up.

Not that I'm denying the existence of the bodies, but coming out and saying that this are missing Red Shirts doesn't sound believable to me.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come its the first time we hear of 169 missing Red Shirts? Where were the inquiries from family and friends over this allegedly missing people?

Red Shirts have been going on and on over the 92 people killed during their protest, but I haven't heard a pip about any missing persons.

I think this is a bone thrown to the Red Shirts (who are keen on feeding on dead people) to keep them fired up.

Not that I'm denying the existence of the bodies, but coming out and saying that this are missing Red Shirts doesn't sound believable to me.

Really????

This is the first time you have heard about missing red shirts?

Really??????

here is one example from a simple internet search, there are many more

http://www.nationmul...h-30133017.html

this one line from that report is shocking considering the report is from 2010

To date, some 2030 people from the May 1992 incident were still missing, she said.
Edited by random

Depends if you think that the army consider themselves untouchable in this country, and that for the most part the media of the day parrots the line that a sitting government and army want them to parrot. It would take a pretty brave policeman, journalist and owner to have investigated this story under the last government I think. If 169 can disappear, what odds a couple more?

I find it entirely plausible that these are bodies from the riots, however, I worry that the truth now is irrelevant and the army are going to come out swinging because they will have been backed into a corner.

The police knew it but only acted when the government changed.

Just another "cover up" to add to the growing list of the Dems collection of corruption. The country is well rid of them.

RIP presently unknown souls. This is gruesome.

Yes! Good riddance of Dems! IMHO, many things unanswered will come out in the wash shortly.

But let the officials investigating get on with their work before any more "off the hip" remarks are made.

Edited by scotbeve

Clearly this must have been a tip off, the Thai police could not find their own <deleted> with both hands. I wonder how long they have had to sit on this information whilst under the dem regime

Well done comrade, your propaganda is most excellent. The Great Leader will be very happy. Please continue with your random speculation.

So if this results from sort of of conspiracy stemming from the last government and there was an attempt to hide extremely incriminating evidence of the type that could bring down a government and even lead to allegations of crimes against humanity, I have one question:

Why were the bodies not cremated? There are certainly plenty of cremation facilities available at temples. Remember how the Chinese dealt murdered protestors at Tiananmen Square?

Something just doesn't seem right here.....

Just another "cover up" to add to the growing list of the Dems collection of corruption. The country is well rid of them.

Clearly not much vision. Perhaps blinkered would be a better sign-in name?Abhisit is renowned as the most anti-corruption PM Thailand has seen for a long time.

Dear visions, your very quick to make some big assumptions.

in Thai, the number 11 sounds almost identical to the number 18. And have you ever looked closely at numbers written by a Thai? a number one looks like a seven, and a number four could look like a nine or a zero or a six, or......who knows?

<deleted>? don't sound the same to me...

sip-et = 11

sip-bad = 18

Also have you noticed that a ' i ' and ' j ' are nearly identical, and also a ' 1 ' and ' 7 ' and I'm sure to a foreign eye not used to roman script, other letters and numbers look very similar...

chip = ship

desert = dessert

chin = shin

cheap = sheep

chic = cheek

Pplenty of English words sounds exactly the same to people that are not familiar 2 them.

So the problem is most likely your lack of familiarity of their language. <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

If the government were trying to hide bodies of an extra 169 red shirts who died in the riots they're not going to dump them off in huge numbers at two random monastery. They would have been destroyed with no trace long ago.

you are assuming some level of foresight and intelligence there.

It is possible the dems did not expect to lose, it is possible they expected if they do lose then the good old army will have kicked out the ptp and reinstated them before these atrocities come to light, or then again based on the dems performance it was probably just good old incompetence.

Do you have ANY facts to support this, or is it just part of your stream of rabid drivel?

I urge those that may jump to conclusions that these are redshirt s to allow the police to investigate as it is quite normal do to a body dump.

That being said, if these people do turn out to be redshirts, the response of some people in TVF will be interesting.

I think we can already guess the responses from the usual mob, we will have such literary gems as:

'the reds killed them for propaganda purposes'

'its their own fault, if they were not there etc etc etc'

'the army only shot at armed people so they must have all been armed and dangerous'

'they are an overspill from Thaksins war on drugs'

'they were paid to be there so its their own choice'

'it wont have anything to do with the dems, abhisit is the least corrupt politician'

etc etc etc, I am sure people can think of more, not the usual baying mob need any help with their lies and propaganda

Yeah, amazing how baseball man went into immediate denial.

If these unfortunates are proven to be red shirt demonstrators killed by the army there could, and should be, severe problems for the authorities in power at the time.

Clearly this must have been a tip off, the Thai police could not find their own &lt;deleted&gt; with both hands. I wonder how long they have had to sit on this information whilst under the dem regime

Well done comrade, your propaganda is most excellent. The Great Leader will be very happy. Please continue with your random speculation.

mmmmm if you call me comrade then surely we must be of the same ilk, yet I sense a hint of sarcasm in your writing, do you have an answer as to how long the police have had to sit on this information? Do you think it is fresh information? Do you have anything to add to the discussion rather than mind numbing attempts at humour or petty name calling???

I await with baited breath comrade for your thoughts on the actual subject matter.

p.s. You do know who that is in my avatar I take it??

Coming right out saying that this may be some previously unknown 169 missing Red Shirts (random's link mentions about 30 missing persons during the Red Shirt protest) is very suspicious, even more coming from a relative of Thaksin and Yingluck at the time they are on the spotlight over the FMs decision to help a fugitive. I'm thinking this announcement is an attempt to draw attention away from that.

So if this results from sort of of conspiracy stemming from the last government and there was an attempt to hide extremely incriminating evidence of the type that could bring down a government and even lead to allegations of crimes against humanity, I have one question:

Why were the bodies not cremated? There are certainly plenty of cremation facilities available at temples. Remember how the Chinese dealt murdered protestors at Tiananmen Square?

^^^^^ This.

If the government were trying to hide bodies of an extra 169 red shirts who died in the riots they're not going to dump them off in huge numbers at two random monastery. They would have been destroyed with no trace long ago.

It is possible the dems did not expect to lose, it is possible they expected if they do lose then the good old army will have kicked out the ptp and reinstated them before these atrocities come to light, or then again based on the dems performance it was probably just good old incompetence.

Do you have ANY facts to support this, or is it just part of your stream of rabid drivel?

Do you have ANY facts to disprove my theory? Which part are you so angry about, the incompetence is already proven to be fair, as for my other thoughts they are merely possibilities, hence the use of the word 'possible' in my post, at no point to I present anything in my post that i purport to be hard facts.

Deary me haha

The family relationship of the police chief does not change the facts regarding the bodies if they were murder victims.

*If*, indeed.

Let us all be levelheaded and await word where the body came from.

But I fear this will be another of those 'proclaim loud, reveal silently it was a mistake' affair...

^^^^^ This.

Incompetence, arrogance, belief that it will never be brought to light based on oppression of witnesses

There are many possibilities as to why there was no cremation, maybe that in itself would have highlighted the number of bodies unless they were taken to a remote field, piled high and torched.

Do you have ANY facts to disprove my theory? Which part are you so angry about, the incompetence is already proven to be fair, as for my other thoughts they are merely possibilities, hence the use of the word 'possible' in my post, at no point to I present anything in my post that i purport to be hard facts.

Deary me haha

The person making the accusation has to prove it true, not the other way around.

Umm, yeah right. Suddenly the bodies which has been dead for more than 1 year has been resurrected somehow.

Santhan said the bodies would be exhumed for DNA tests to determine the identities, adding that those involved with their burial would also be questioned.

How is the DNA going to work in this case? I bet those involved in the burial would have forgotten what happened. In the end, I don't see much progress in this case besides the fact that the 169 bodies might be one of the propaganda tools.

It will help them ID the people so that families can be notified that the people are dead instead of just missing.

Next will be mass defamation suits against anybody who raises concerns about the backgrounds of this "find". :whistling:

There is much, much moreto come, this isthe beginning ofthe 1st chapter, lean back and watch the show unfold, it'll bee 100% better then the previous ones "the return of the knight in shining armour"! :rolleyes:

Deary me haha

The person making the accusation has to prove it true, not the other way around.

My dad is bigger than you dad. Grow up.

If someone feels so strongly about possibilities that i bring up, they are free to disprove them, if they can offer no proof that I am wrong then I feel I need offer no proof that I am right either, people can decide for themselves.

But like I clearly state, these are possibilities, at no point do I claim them to be factual, therefore I have nothing to prove.

Lesson over for today, tomorrow we can bring toys and play games with them.

Exactly. The demos were corrupt, beyond imagination. They were there strictly to enforce the wishes of the military, who are corrupt, fat, lazy, greedy lying pigs, out to enrich themselves, gain more power, and deepen their already swollen pockets. Abhisit never made a decision without consulting a general or one of the military's proxies. Why do you suppose he got so little done? Why do you suppose he did so little for the "people"?

For years now reds have been telling people that were hundreds of people killed in the 2009 protest, and the government was so fearful of being found out that they buried the bodies in shipping containers and sunk them in the gulf of Thailand. Now they just take truckloads of them to some random monastery and dump them there without even bothering to cremate them?

Maybe this is the first time YOU heard of missing red shirts, the military slaughtered so many more protesters at the wat that night than the 'news' reported.

"Amazing Thailand"

These words should be banned. I'm sick to death everytime I saw this.

Pleaseeeeeee, do not use those words again. :jap:

It only shows the limitation of the writer's ability to come up with something better.

Edited by Thai-Aust