Welcome To Phuket: Swede Robbed Of B1 Million On Day One

webfact

Sadly naive he must be, or it's an insurance scam... nothing more to say, except that this has nothing to do with nationality.

Please learn to read an article thoroughly before assuming nonsense ..... as it seems that quite a few people think its an insurance scam read again before jumping to conclusion Sherlock :rolleyes: :::

they just bought the house and didn't even get the time to get an insurance yet .....

"Mr Lindgren said he had not had time to take out home and contents insurance."

Please read through the thread to see where I have already acknowledged the error. You have come in late, and assumed the position of Speaker of the House on a debate that has pretty much closed. You're welcome to it, for what it's worth.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invest in a dog or 2...lot of posters been slagging off the recent involvements of mans best friend..but i have 2 and no Thais dare come near our home..Why...because they are Farang dogs...and they are well looked after...you take care of yer dogs and they will take care of you..it's not rocket science.

Well said. Treat a dog right and you have a friend and security guard for life. No other animal would give up its life for you!

As you will notice I don't normally make a comment, how ever..

It is very sad about the items being stolen, but why on earth would they move to Bangkok, for what reason would she ask for her old job back??????

The atm & credit cards she would have cancelled them (we hope) and would get them replaced, the same goes for the passport. A small amount of cash, ok bad luck but if they had 10 mill to buy the house then that cash stolen would be small for them.

I understand maybe they don't want to live in the house now they have been robbed but their friends are next door, new job etc....

Don't let the bastards grind you down :realangry:

Get the house alarmed and secure and remember the jewellery is only jewellery it can be replaced some day.

Don't change you dreams because of some dick....

Have a good life

It would seem that this is just another very poorly written, sensational article by the Phuket Gazette. I remember the one just the other week with a headline saying 12 to 15 Thai men attacked and killed a Swede, which wasn't true. This article states: " A couple who moved into their new Phuket home in a quiet neighborhood yesterday have already reported their house being burgled – and losing valuables totaling about one million baht in the process." Then goes on to say: "Gone with the bag were a gold necklace, a gold bracelet, three gold rings, a mobile phone and Mr Lindgren’s passport." How does a gold necklace, bracelet, three rings and a mobile phone add up to about ฿1,000,000. He would have had to have had a ฿30,000 phone and 38 Baht (about 19 troy ounces) of gold in a necklace, bracelet and three rings... It just doesn't add up! But then according to the article: "They also found that the girlfriend’s handbag, which was sitting beside a window, had been emptied of her ATM and credit cards, some “important documents” and cash, and her bank book." What was the actual value of any of this? Or did ฿1,000,000 just sound good? bah.gif

What sort of burglar uses a stick to pry open a screen? Around here even the most down on their luck burglar carries a pocket knife or box cutter that will quickly and silently cut through most screens.

ahhh the mosquito screen didn't deter them? now Sherlock, here's our case, it was either a 'blood sucking insect" or the "Thai gf"? but whats the difference. Watson?

I rest my case !

:rolleyes:

Well said, Khun Sherlock!

I agree, I know for a fact people who get robbed every single day of the week and I'm sure it amounts to more than 1,000,000 baht per day that's stolen. Maybe not in one go. but still. But what I really can't understand is the stupidity of people who think leaving valuables lying around the house is what is concidered safe. Would you leave 1,000,000 baht or even better yet say $30,000 just sitting on the kitchen table even if you've lived in the house for 20 years. You wouldn't do it anywhere especailly in an unsecured house (It was if he got in that easily).

It's like the 20 odd different people I know in california who had the car broken into, and their wallets and purses stolen that was sitting on the passenger seat. Som Nom Nah

how many times have you heard this story does not matter where you are it'sstupid to leave anything that valuable unatended i dont bother to own gold chances are it will get lifted one day along with some gbh, som mom na! is right sorry about his loss.

Sadly naive he must be, or it's an insurance scam... nothing more to say, except that this has nothing to do with nationality.

Please learn to read an article thoroughly before assuming nonsense ..... as it seems that quite a few people think its an insurance scam read again before jumping to conclusion Sherlock :rolleyes: :::

they just bought the house and didn't even get the time to get an insurance yet .....

Mr Lindgren said he had not had time to take out home and contents insurance.

They do not need home and content Insurance. Normally if you have jewellery of any value. You get each item valued separately by a jeweller, pay them their percentage, take receipt to the Insures to obtain a quote. Accept quote pay money jewellery Insured. Elementary? :ph34r:

jb1

I had a pal in the UK. He had a nice little diamond set in a gold band. he had it valued every year,(around 1,000 pound) lost it every year on the beach. All he had to do was be sure not to use the same company twice.

Edited by jimbeam1

Invest in a dog or 2...lot of posters been slagging off the recent involvements of mans best friend..but i have 2 and no Thais dare come near our home..Why...because they are Farang dogs...and they are well looked after...you take care of yer dogs and they will take care of you..it's not rocket science.

Well said. Treat a dog right and you have a friend and security guard for life. No other animal would give up its life for you!

I agree, I have a Brazilian mastiff they are excellent bodyguard and estate protection dogs.

They are unique in walking like a big cat, have a strong dislike of strangers and will follow their owner everywhere (without a lead) to protect them.

Edited by Chopperboy

I agree, I have a Brazilian mastiff they are excellent bodyguard and estate protection dogs.

They are unique in walking like a big cat, have a strong dislike of strangers and will follow their owner everywhere (without a lead) to protect them.

So that would be a Fila Brasilero then?

So that would be a Fila Brasilero then?

Yes its a Fila and Thais are wary of such dogs.

wonder what the price of your dogs killing a person is… good luck with that.

Probably zero

A big can of Meaty Chunks

Always I read too much bad news from Phuket. It can not be so bad. But read these news and what else to think?

Phuket is a major tourist attraction and as such it also attracts the predators who smell easy targets who tend to let their guards down.

Lars should have know better but It would help if tourists were required to attend a mandatory class on what to do and what not to do before visiting a country with a vastly different culture.

Edited by overhaul38