Who Can 'Marry Us' In Koh Phangan

Hi everyone,

My Fiance and I live on Koh Phangan but I am currently back in England working and trying to organise our wedding for next year! We are having the buddhist and legal marriage part in January but we also are planning to have a western style ceremony on the beach in late March. This will not be a legal ceremony but we would like to say our vows in front of all our friends and family on the beach that we live on. My question is who could I get to do perform the ceremony for us? I dont want it to be religious, but just someone who knows what to say and do. Does anyone know of anybody who can do this for us?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can check with some of the hotels. Just to have someone mumble a few words well......... !

Why don't you get a marriage celebrant to do your legal western ceremony too?Then you have everything tied up. wink.gif

I hear SBK can not only have you married......nevermind

But I am sure she can point you in the right direction.

(Note to OP, I only posted this to get your post the recognition it deserves-watch this space and congrats on your forthcoming wedding).

my friend married me to my ex wife once. he done a good job. bit of tissue paper through his color suite and bald head. bob's your uncle. ( we sort of )

anyway she ended up taking all my money and i had to run away save my bank account. as for the wedding. that all went smooth.

he might have the wedding vowl still on the back of a cd cover somewhere

if u want i can ask him if he is available.

for registers marrage you'll have to go to the amper. i think that would be koh samui.

and if u wish to register the marrage to your country then you'll have to go the embassy afterwards

conratulations by the way.

I hear SBK can not only have you married......nevermind

But I am sure she can point you in the right direction.

(Note to OP, I only posted this to get your post the recognition it deserves-watch this space and congrats on your forthcoming wedding).

Nope, no weddings. ;)

A lot of the higher end hotels can organise all of this for you. It all depends if you want the works (food, drink, flowers, trees, fireworks etc) or just a simple - 'will you xx take yy!!!' :whistling:

Two seperate sets of friends of mine were married at Zarzen - very nice, but expensive.

Just google and you will get places like ...http://www.samuibeachweddings.com/

I will pm you with details of a bloke who used to do this on Samui - I don't know if he still does it

Since you are doing the legal portion earlier, you just need someone to speak, try asking Mike at Buakao, he might be interested, or he might know someone who is.

http://buakaoinn.res...nbungalows.com/

He-He... You are right SBK, Michael is really resourceful.

Otherwise, several years ago I was at a "wedding ceremony" on a boat anchored between Phangan and Angthong archipelago.

The captain of that boat was the master of ceremony, which it is apparently legal following marine laws.

A lot of the higher end hotels can organise all of this for you. It all depends if you want the works (food, drink, flowers, trees, fireworks etc) or just a simple - 'will you xx take yy!!!' :whistling:

Two seperate sets of friends of mine were married at Zarzen - very nice, but expensive.

Just google and you will get places like ...http://www.samuibeachweddings.com/

I will pm you with details of a bloke who used to do this on Samui - I don't know if he still does it

Except OP specifies Phangan:

This will not be a legal ceremony but we would like to say our vows in front of all our friends and family on the beach that we live on.

are u marring a thai. sorry only had a quick look at your messege as i am about to shoot out the door. there is an artical on all the legal documents that u need for a wedding and registered in thailand with a thai national.

can't remeber which one the express or the gazzette.

sure someone should know

are u marring a thai. sorry only had a quick look at your messege as i am about to shoot out the door. there is an artical on all the legal documents that u need for a wedding and registered in thailand with a thai national.

can't remeber which one the express or the gazzette.

sure someone should know

My mate can do it he is a part time vica he managed to do an emegerncy wedding for a mate of mine . Managed to use sometissue betwern his color. Now one noticed. Man is a pro.

The couple are devorced now lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I need someone urgently to help us perform a ceremony on the beach in Koh Phangan on 18th of Feb this year (2012). We have been let down badly at the last minute by the person organising our wedding, and just need someone to say some words in order that we can exchange rings infront of our friends and family. Has anyone had success finding someone who can help?

Since you are doing the legal portion earlier, you just need someone to speak, try asking Mike at Buakao, he might be interested, or he might know someone who is.

http://buakaoinn.res...nbungalows.com/

He-He... You are right SBK, Michael is really resourceful.

Otherwise, several years ago I was at a "wedding ceremony" on a boat anchored between Phangan and Angthong archipelago.

The captain of that boat was the master of ceremony, which it is apparently legal following marine laws.

I need someone urgently to help us perform a ceremony on the beach in Koh Phangan on 18th of Feb this year (2012). We have been let down badly at the last minute by the person organising our wedding, and just need someone to say some words in order that we can exchange rings infront of our friends and family. Has anyone had success finding someone who can help?

Have you tried this suggestion?

could this be fate / karma playing a part in this ??? .... i suggest the powers that be dont want you to be married and saving you a lifetime of hell ...

People seem to be sidetracked. The call is for someone to speak on behalf of the couple to affirm their dedication to one another, etc. Not get married.

The real key is finding someone who is decent at speaking in public. Sounds easy, but unless you have done it before (I have) and are comfortable with the role, it can be an uncomfortable experience for everyone. Find someone who has a way with words to write (or edit) what you wish to be said, or sit down with the presenter and let him get the idea about you two. This sounds obvious but some people leave it up to the presenter and end up with not quite what they had in mind. Be clear.

I think done correctly and in a secular service, such a seaside event could be quite cute.

People seem to be sidetracked. The call is for someone to speak on behalf of the couple to affirm their dedication to one another, etc. Not get married.

The real key is finding someone who is decent at speaking in public. Sounds easy, but unless you have done it before (I have) and are comfortable with the role, it can be an uncomfortable experience for everyone. Find someone who has a way with words to write (or edit) what you wish to be said, or sit down with the presenter and let him get the idea about you two. This sounds obvious but some people leave it up to the presenter and end up with not quite what they had in mind. Be clear.

I think done correctly and in a secular service, such a seaside event could be quite cute.

you are soppy are you hinting for the job???

PM me i can put you in contact with someone.