Holiday Visa

I wonder if anyone has advise regarding a friend of my wifes.

Her friend is visiting her b/f in Belgium in November for 3 or 4 months, this will be her second visit to Belgium to see him.

They both think because this is her second time in Belgium & both countries are in Europe that she should be able to get a holiday visa for a couple of weeks in the UK without problems.

However it is my opinion that it will make no difference & that she will have to apply in the usual way to the British Embassy in Belgium. As she has limited income, no business in Thailand, single etc that it will be a non starter.

I think the only way my wife can be sure of meeting her again is if we get a visa for my wife & travel to Belgium ourselves.

Any advice would be greatly helpful.

However it is my opinion that it will make no difference & that she will have to apply in the usual way to the British Embassy in Belgium. As she has limited income, no business in Thailand, single etc that it will be a non starter.
She will need to apply to the British Embassy in Bangkok!

The fact that she has previously held a visa to another European country, presumably abided by it's conditions and has been given a second visa to that country will go a long way to convincing the British ECOs that she will abide by the conditions of a UK visa. Tell your friend to give it a go.

Thanks for the advice.

She arrives in Belgium on November 20th so whether that will be enough time for the Embassy in Bangkok to deal with her application I'm not sure but we will advise her today.

I thought maybe she would apply to the Brit Embassy in Belgium but I was obviously wrong.

Thanks again.

She could apply at the embassy in Belgium, but they're not duty bound to accept the application. Generally speaking, they would only do so if the purpose of the visit to the UK has arisen since leaving Thailand; i.e. circumstances dictated that she couldn't apply before leaving. However, as the embassy in BKK is now attempting to deal with all visit applications on the day they're made, she should get a decision there and then, and have enough time to apply.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Thanks Scouser for that info, I did'nt realise they are trying to clear visiters visas in one day so hopefully she will be sussessful.

Its just going to be a mad rush for my wife & I to send her documents she will require as she will obviously stay with us.

Thanks, all postings have been most informative.