Living in phuket

oxo

Been thinking, after many visits to this Island I would like to sell up in UK and live in phuket. Can anyone help with rough idea on yearly outgoings if i have purchased house there already? Any pitfalls or taxes that I should Know? Info appreciated.    :o

• 2 weeks later...

get a condo in Phuket. it's definitely more of a hassle to get a house due to the current laws. it's not impossible, just a hassle.

getting a condo is a slam dunk.  the main difference is owning LAND vs. owning AIRSPACE. if you want to get a condo you can find a wide variety (from $15,000 US to a million plus).

standard leases are 30 years. and 30 x 3 leases are very common as well; thus you'd get 90 years. the lease is transferrable, so you could use it as collateral, leave it to your heirs in your will, etc.

in 90 years perhaps the Thai laws for foreign ownership will have relaxed a bit. (one would think they would)  then you could have your 'estate' transferred into full ownership (but you'd be long dead so 'tisn't too important).

• 2 years later...

To stay with the condo idea, I know there is several for sale at Phuket Palace, the price will depend on what floor you want, it's a 14 story building and the low floors are the cheaper ones.

The price will be from say 1.4 mil low floor to the double on top floor.