Farrang Farmers

EdyP

Isaan Aussie

Hey guys, Im using conjecture only so that some farangs considering investing in farmland in Los, for the first time, take the time just to think about some of the pitfalls of land "ownership", none of this is directed at anyone and I am not here to question or quote on any ones personal circumstances. Nuff said.

Grimley Bob,

In parts of the western world the negativity that you refer to is substituted by prenups, pretty pointless to have that in Los when you cant own the land in the first place. But again thats conjecture blink.gif

Prenups have no place in my world western or eastern. They are only used by the bowel twitchers

Isaan Aussie

Hey guys, Im using conjecture only so that some farangs considering investing in farmland in Los, for the first time, take the time just to think about some of the pitfalls of land "ownership", none of this is directed at anyone and I am not here to question or quote on any ones personal circumstances. Nuff said.

Grimley Bob,

In parts of the western world the negativity that you refer to is substituted by prenups, pretty pointless to have that in Los when you cant own the land in the first place. But again thats conjecture blink.gif

I'm legally married...to a Thai, don't know if you are ? I own her...'nuff said ?

By legally it means she has nothing before marrying me and under Thailand laws what ever we have after "legally'', if a divorce occur,

we split all the what ever bought during the ''legally'' period...As a foreigner, i'm entitle to recover my share in monetary term incase

it's a plot of land. All it take is the intelligence :rolleyes: to think the matter through and make the effort to find out the

"What if, What will happen and What's my entitlement " Here's a hint - Talk to a lawyer.

Edited by RedBullHorn

I'm legally married...to a Thai, don't know if you are ? I own her...'nuff said ?

By legally it means she has nothing before marrying me and under Thailand laws what ever we have after "legally'', if a divorce occur,

we split all the what ever bought during the ''legally'' period...As a foreigner, i'm entitle to recover my share in monetary term incase

it's a plot of land. All it take is the intelligence :rolleyes: to think the matter through and make the effort to find out the

"What if, What will happen and What's my entitlement " Here's a hint - Talk to a lawyer.

Good response. For me, time to bump another topic a bit further down the page.

• 4 months later...

Dear EdyP: I am an international agriculture professional with over 20 years experience working on agriculture projects for non-profit organizations - 17 years in Southeast Asia. Strong commitment to sustainable agriculture, experience with organic farming, sector experience with rice, vegetables, coffee and cocoa. I am currently looking to buy, partner, and/or get involved in some way in an interesting agriculture venture in Thailand (preferrably near to Chiang Mai) and would be interested in discussing a possible partnership with you. Not sure I want to do cassava only, for a few reasons, but willing to discuss various ideas. Please reply if you want to discuss. Prefer by e-mail if possible: [email protected]. Can do a Skype call as well: mattjosephz. Looking forward to hearing from you. Matt (Aggie)