White Fortuner?

lemel

Does any of you motoheads know if it is possible to buy a white fortuner (without respray)? I have heard of a place in Bangkok called Toyota racing development! anybody know of this or know of an alternative please?

I am sure I saw one at the new dealers in Rangsit on the road from Future Park towards Dream World ...In the showroom window as we passed ...my wife said 'Look a white Fortuna a only saw a late glimpse'

• 4 weeks later...

The white fortuner is only for export!!! Yes TRD can do the paint job. Its the same pantone color of Toyota (pearl white). TRD is at Srinakarin Rd! If you wanna know anything let me know, I know the owner! Or you may contact Mr. Sumran 01-874-5545. I supply them Brembo brakes. I can get you some good deals.

My Fortuner is getting 20inch wheels, Brembo 8piston calipers, skirts and carbon parts.

Cheers....

• 4 months later...

I thought white Fortuner has become available in Thailand as armotec reported in this thread (link below). Somebody said he's seen white Fortuner on the roads of Thailand. Although no announcement from Toyota Thailand on white Fortuner in its website.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63994

Tomorrow is the last day of Motor show and I will order a white Fortuner. Still haven't decided if I should go for diesel or benzine.

Edited by Nordlys

Apparently there's a quota on white Fortuner, therefore a limited edition. But I have a conflicting information on number of whites available, with one dealer saying 1,500 and another says 200. Other than the color it comes with wood steering wheel (like Camry) and partially wood dashboard panel, for 15,000 Baht more than the original price tag. Available only for diesel, automatic transmission model. Where I have ordered the car today gave me B10,000 discount + lots of accessories for one week delivery while another dealer in the vicinity of victory monument said B30,000 discount but no free accessory and one month wait.

Now the proud owner of a new White "Exclusive" Fortuner. Comes with a load of extras, including breathable leather seats, 6 disc CD player and the not so popular front end mirror fitted on the front left wing.

Toyota Pattaya offered 10,000 baht worth of extras and i have changed the wheels for a set of 20" alloys as i thought the standard set looked a little bland with the white, personal choice only of course.

Not sure how many will be produced for local order but i know of at least 2 others in Pattaya. Please be aware that there is now a bunch of nasties that are into steeling spare wheels, so if you do buy a Fortuner ask Toyota or a local garage to install a locking device of some sort as my mate had his Vigo's stolen :o

Thought I was going to be the first white Fortuner owner of TV! :o:D Mine is due to be delivered next Tuesday. Instead of alloys I am asking for the front grill guard (among other stuffs), not sure if that would look good on all-white Fortuner. Toyota sales told me it would do more harm than good in the event of front collision, can someone tell me if this is true? Any reason I shouldn't have that thing fitted?

Edited by Nordlys

I don't have a front bar on my Fortuner, not sure if it would do more harm if involved in an accident or not. I don't have a white Fortuner, I have a Silver one, but the white one in this pic looks pretty good I think.

post-4007-1144404152_thumb.jpg

I like the Alloy wheels on Fortuners, also I've seen them on Vigos, Looks very good.

How much are a set of Alloy wheels and Tyres like the ones in the pic, any ideas, is there any drawbacks to them over standard wheels and Tyres? Apart from the fact that everybody wants to steal them!! :o

Edited by Maigo6

I have seen 2 white fortunas in Bkk this week alone, so they must be available.

Can anyone tell the price of the white one, any difference ?? and what are the 'extras' usually offered in these deals. Wondering how much you can screw a car salesman/girl in this country.

By the way, what colour is the leather in the white Fortuna ?

post-4007-1144404152_thumb.jpg

This Fortuner seems to have loads of accessories fitted on it but none of them looks Toyota genuine. Did you take this picture at Toyota dealer, Magio6? That massive thing protruding from bumper gives a really macho look, but that's not the one that I ordered. Just a usual front grill guard that has long been available in black, so afraid it might not match well with the all-white Fortuner. What does it really do anyway???

Can anyone tell the price of the white one, any difference ?? and what are the 'extras' usually offered in these deals. Wondering how much you can screw a car salesman/girl in this country.

By the way, what colour is the leather in the white Fortuna ?

Price of "exclusive" white Fortuner is 1,264,000 Baht. Available only for diesel and A/T model. Comes with partially wood trimmed dashboard, wood + leather steering wheel and front corner mirror, etc. Price for normal 3.0L diesel Fortuner is 1,249,000 Baht, B15,000 less than white. I am buying white on two years loan (with 25% down payment) at 3.3% interest rate for having closed the deal during the motor show period (actually the day after). Usual interest rate for Fortuner is 3.9%.

I haven't seen the actual car yet but the interior leather color seems to be beige, from the catalogue I have. And I see a word "perforated" in Thai catalogue on the description of leather seat, steering wheel and shift knob, which I think corresponds to "breathable" thaieagle67 mentioned.

Edited by Nordlys

Yeh Nordlys your absolutely right about the pricing of the White model, i had been waiting for 6 months for a grey model so with all that cash saved up i payed up in full so cannot comment on what the loan deals would be from Toyota Pattaya.

The leather is beige as like the standard models but with the perforations added. One of my main concerns about the original seats was a sweaty back while driving but with these new perforated seats i haven't faced that problem even in the current temperatures, of course the climate control helps.

The Fortuner in the photo is not the "Exclusive" model but maybe a one off for export as the ones offered in Thailand do not have the rather sexy front bumber and i noticed that the front end mirror is also not installed, all that said though it looks good.

My 20" alloys cost me 70,000 baht including the Hankook 265x50x20 tyres and they look great with the White. I got 15,000 baht for the Toyota fitted standard set of 4 (not a great deal!). My mate has a Black model with 22" wheels and body kit which really is the nuts. These kits are available from a couple of dealers in BKK, as are engine mods if you are that way inclined.

The only major problem with larger alloys are the numerous bad roads around LOS. Another friend of mine has a Toyota Wish and he has had to replace a wheel twice after hitting one of Pattaya's many pot holes!

There has also been mention of break problems with the Fortuner but this i am led to believe is not down to the change in wheel size, it is more to do with Toyota Thailand forgetting that the Fortuner is a dam site more heavy than a Vigo but using the same breaking system! This is not a major problem on normal fortuner models but if you were to up the HP then you should look at improving the stopping system!

Another TV'ite "Emilio" can help you with a breaking improvement installation if you want to boost the vehicles power somewhat but again that's personal choice.

• 4 months later...
post-4007-1144323075_thumb.jpg

Nice! :o

excellent, i just got a white one and wanted to have a front guard. as for "more harm than good" - I don't buy it. also, I don't want a guard so I can run down pick-ups or the odd Honda CRV, I need it so the small bumps and bruises of daily country life get absorbed by good solid steel as it should be. so actually, a guard that covers the sides, at least a little bit, would be better.

but i haven't seen any that would fit on white.

other than that... wow what a car, amazing for this price.

Could someone do me a huge favour with their Fortuner? Measure the ground to front seat height and let me know? Im interested in getting one but whether I can or not does depend on this one factor quite largely....

Thanks.

I just went down to my condo parking and measured it for you and it was in the range of 70 - 75cm (obviously not easy measuring it accurately as it's difficult to stand the tape measure perpendicularly from the ground). Why not go to the dealer, ask for a test drive and see for yourself how it feels like (if high eye-point is an issue here)? You might also know there is a side step for the ease of seat access.

Edited by Nordlys

Massive thanks man! Its not for my driving eye point but ease of getting in and out, as I use a wheelchair and need assistance, the higher things are the harder it is for someone to help me, although I can stand with support Im not that tall so need a boost up!...While obviously a car is more helpful in this regard for wheelchair space in the boot the Fortuner looks ideal...

(Im still in UK atm and dont have the opertunity to go try one out)

Thanks again tho man.

There is a handle grip attached to both sides of the front pillar (or A-pillar?) that you can grab to lift yourself into the car. I'm not so sure if you can reach it when seated on a wheel chair, but I'm sure that would help you seat in the car much easier than without if someone can assist you up from the wheel chair. There are also side step on both sides of the car.

Edited by Nordlys