Which Sex Is Really In Charge In Thailand?

IMA_FARANG

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its also the same reason my two great aunts decided to remain unmarried so they could retain the power over their land and investments.

When the bride family has a great fortune, the marriage is usually not registered.

It doesn't mean the poor little rich girl has to stay single and childless

ช้างเท้าหลัง chang tao lang

Don't ask your wife what this means - it is a phrase often used by Thai men referring to the woman as the hind legs of an elephant, meaning men are the leaders.

I'm surprised at the outcome of the poll - seems like posters are walking around with their eyes and ears closed.Alternatively, it maybe says a lot about the type of Thai women who marry men from abroad.

or most posters on TV are pussy whipped?

A man can be the leader in a Thai household.... if he happens to want the same things as his wife. And don't bring in the Chinese/Thai stuff. When Thailand wakes up and elects a real Thai person to run the place everyone will find out that.

ช้างเท้าหลัง chang tao lang

Don't ask your wife what this means - it is a phrase often used by Thai men referring to the woman as the hind legs of an elephant, meaning men are the leaders.

I'm surprised at the outcome of the poll - seems like posters are walking around with their eyes and ears closed.Alternatively, it maybe says a lot about the type of Thai women who marry men from abroad.

or most posters on TV are pussy whipped?

A man can be the leader in a Thai household.... if he happens to want the same things as his wife. And don't bring in the Chinese/Thai stuff. When Thailand wakes up and elects a real Thai person to run the place everyone will find out that.

laugh.gif

NEVER reply to someone who says "pray tell". Trink used to say that. Remember?

I've come across several people on this forum who learned their English from Trink.

I find them amusing. But I also pity them.

laugh.gif

Brilliant!

Over to you. I have to go and visit some caravanserais to drink some suds with some fellow elbow benders.

TIT...

Back to you.

I too enjoyed my "suds" tonight. I met lots of "demimondaines", and some of them were very attractive "maidens".

Shit -- I've just noticed that I've run out of "Burma shave". Can I borrow some of yours?

Edited by andrewbkk

NEVER reply to someone who says "pray tell". Trink used to say that. Remember?

I've come across several people on this forum who learned their English from Trink.

I find them amusing. But I also pity them.

:lol:

Whenever I read Trink's column he always reminded me of somebody in the early stages of some sort of brain disorder.

In reference to the topic I know of an international company who, when it comes to employing upper level managers, VPs etc. outside of the expats they employ the rest of the positions are filled by Thai women because the CEO and COO ( both westerners) prefer it that way.

Speaking from personal experience when I worked in hospitality I found the hardest workers and most conscientious workers were Thai women, gays and katoeys.

Edited by mca