Work Permit When In Thailand

Hi all,

I have been offered a job in Thailand. I am still talking about details withthe company and have not started the process of getting a work permit. Thiswill be done by the company anyhow. I have already finished a job in Europe andwish to know if I am able to come to Thailand on holiday using the visa on arrivaland wait for the new visa and work permit to be processed when I am here. WillI need to leave and go to an immigration office and re-enter Thailand?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

You can come and then later obtain a visa that allows work but remember visa exempt entry requires a ticket onward during that period of allowed stay or airline may not allow you to fly. If you have a tourist visa that would not be an issue however.

Why can't the company just send you the paper work and get your Nom-imm B issued and you arrive a little early and go on holiday...seems to be the simplist approach to me..

Not suggesting the company who you will be working for is like this, but come companies promise they will sort out the WP, tell people to come to Thailand on toursit visa, get them to start work and never get the WP for them...so just be careful, the onus is on you to ensure you have a WP

Edited by Soutpeel

Why can't the company just send you the paper work and get your Nom-imm B issued and you arrive a little early and go on holiday...seems to be the simplist approach to me..

Not suggesting the company who you will be working for is like this, but come companies promise they will sort out the WP, tell people to come to Thailand on toursit visa, get them to start work and never get the WP for them...so just be careful, the onus is on you to ensure you have a WP

Thanks for the warning but I am 100% sure I will get a WP if I choose to work for them. The issue is I may not choose to take the job as we are still ironing out details. So the question is how quickly can I get a tourist visa. I have been to London to get this before and recall it took 2 days?

Thanks,

If you not decide to take the job the visa would still be valid, so it really is your best option.

Hull will issue tourist visa same day and you can also apply by mail.

Thank you for all the contributions. I have a Tourist Visa issued from Birmingham by post. I sent it the with next day delivery and had it returned to me the next day. Amazing efficiency! It looks like I just missed out on the new requirements of hotel and flight reservations. Not sure that system is going to work as most people make it up as they go along!

Thanks

Edited by smellyskater