This Is Very Serious ! I Need Genuine Answers Only

scorpio

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot speek from experiance. But If I was in that position and thank god I am not. I would not set foot in Thailand for sure.

You could end up losing a lot more than a house and car.

like other have said try to sell the Pattaya house and the car from the comfort of your UK home.

It should be possible, And a lot safer. If you do go back to try to sort things out how long would you have to stay.

i doubt it will be a win win situation more likely lose lose.

Good Luck I think you are going to need it.

I don't know the laws involved, but if you left for Thailand on your own could she effectively just change the locks and live legally in your UK home? By remaining in the UK could she gain all properties? You need to look into this.

In essence yes, she couldnt "gain" all properties but she would be basically entitled to 50%, if the divorce went to court in the UK he could get scr*wed as well, this is why first priority is to see where he stands as regards the UK ie through a lawyer, as there a possibly properties/money and a daughter involved this could end up messy as well..

I didn't realize there was a child involved.

Jesus, Scorpio, don't go rushing off to Thailand leaving the wife and kid in the UK.

You will probably lose everything.

What assets do you have in the UK? What is your stance on custody? - This is more important than a car and house in Pattaya, surely?

:lol: ...have you ever been through a divorce "toffo9" ?.......I have yet to meet some who has been through one "on good terms", granted they have most likely been some but for the most part the nature of the beast is bitter, let us also factor in here the "genuine loving, easy going personalities of Thai ladies when they crossed or are losing their meal ticket"......:whistling:

I will happily meet you and be your first.

Are you asking me out on a date ?....:emot-kiss: ..........:P

I hope this thread will be a warning to any farang who want to marry a BG. B)

Where does it say he married a BG.....are you saying BG's are the only Thai ladies who marry farangs and get divorced, or are you only BG's get divorced full stop or Thai BG's are the only females who try and scr*w evey last cent out of their ex-husband when they get divorced...Semper old Chap very confused.

Seeing as OP is a TV member, it is in all probability that he is married to a HiSo who has muliple degree's with at least 1 doctorate and whose family is well connected in Army/Goverment/Police/Immigration (tick the appropriate)..:whistling:

Why dont you get her to agree to put the Pattaya house in your daughters name

Not an option until the daughter can sign her own name.

UTTER RUBBISH

He can put his house in his Kids name I have a friend who did this with 3 homes each one in one of his kids names and they could not read or write and he eventually split and she was NOT HAPPY that she could no touch the homes although he was nice enough to let her live in one :)

Anyway the quicker thailand enforce FRAUD laws the better, i remember seeing a US crime show of a casanova travelling across the states having wealthy women fall in love with him he lived off their money and eventually ended up in jail for 5 years for way less than what happens here

DK

Seeing as OP is a TV member, it is in all probability that he is married to a HiSo who has muliple degree's with at least 1 doctorate and whose family is well connected in Army/Goverment/Police/Immigration (tick the appropriate)..:whistling:

Exactly what I was thinking

DK

OP hasnt said how old his daughter, so could be an option.

Actually he did,

>> HERE <<

"we have a beautifull 2 year old daughter"

:jap: ....well in that case he had better teacher her to sign her name very quickly then....:rolleyes:

Or alternatively she could dip her thumb in ink and press on paper as is quuite common with isaan property deals.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

:lol: ...have you ever been through a divorce "toffo9" ?.......I have yet to meet some who has been through one "on good terms", granted they have most likely been some but for the most part the nature of the beast is bitter, let us also factor in here the "genuine loving, easy going personalities of Thai ladies when they crossed or are losing their meal ticket"......:whistling:

I will happily meet you and be your first.

Are you asking me out on a date ?....:emot-kiss: ..........:P

up to you...

:lol: ....I will be gentle..promise....:lol:

Where does it say he married a BG.....are you saying BG's are the only Thai ladies who marry farangs and get divorced, or are you only BG's get divorced full stop or Thai BG's are the only females who try and scr*w evey last cent out of their ex-husband when they get divorced...Semper old Chap very confused.

Where does it say he married a BG.....

Have a look at his previous topics. :whistling:

He did mention in another of his many topics that she was a Bargirl.

Quite....goes without saying.;)

I think the thing to do is to remain cool and contact a Thai based lawyer. Also make certain of your legal situation in the UK.

Isaan lawyers are apparently quite good at this sort of thing. Also you need to protect the assets in the UK. Do you have a local lawyer?

By all means have her write some documents to the effect that she is prepared to sign over the house and car in Pattaya, but I feel that they would not be worth the paper they're written on if they are drawn up in the UK and you try to use them in Thailand. Think about this.

Another thing. What is your property situation in the UK? I don't know the laws involved, but if you left for Thailand on your own could she effectively just change the locks and live legally in your UK home? By remaining in the UK could she gain all properties? You need to look into this.

At first glance my gut reaction is that the thing to do would be to travel over to Thailand together with your wife visit the ampur with a witness and a translator, if not a lawyer and sign a divorce document if you are both in agreement with the terms. That is assuming you married in Thailand?

The fact that she is saying that she is prepared to sign documents and hand over the shared assets back so easily seems suspicious. I hope I'm wrong but it pays to be careful.

Box cleaver, and don't be rushing back over to Thailand and leaving yourself at risk at home. It'll take months if not years before you'll see any money back, apart from perhaps the car.

Take it slow.

Being a lawyer myself, I think the above is the best advise you ever can get!

I could not advise you better, especially here in Thailand.

I have been divorced twice though neither of my wives were Thai.

It would be dangerous, indeed foolhardy, to base your actions under the belief that things are not going to get very ugly. With this in mind, you are likely to incur large legal costs, spend a considerable amout of your time with the legal process and end no better off that you are now.

Give as much as you can to your daughter to secure her future and education then just walk away. The chances of good access to her will be greatly increased if you do this and she will not be surounded by stress for the next few years.

Things sure went downhill from your first post to your second. If by remote chance you have been imbibing in the sauce you may want to sleep on things.

Why don't you get yourself an Ufustruct on the property. At least you will have a place to live until you kick the bucket (if your wife is agreeable and will consent to the procedure). This would also provide you with extra time to sell the property if that is what you want. Don't know if this can be done from overseas with a lawyer but obviously the land deed would be required.

"she will sign papers for me to give me the pattaya house and my car back."

You can get the cars, but the land is not available for you to own legally, unless you form a Thai company to own it, which to me is just asking for troubles later on.

If you don't have a home in LOS you might as well sell the vehicles, because you'll have nowhere to park them.

take it if its serious and be very very grateful she is not going for it all. Youd be mad to fight such a generous offer from her

nonsense our 2 children have had properties in their name here since they were born. Only problem is properties cant be sold without a court order until they reach majority age 20 by them. NO trust law here. I wish forang would stop thinking what applies in west law applies here.

Things sure went downhill from your first post to your second. If by remote chance you have been imbibing in the sauce you may want to sleep on things.

Why don't you get yourself an Ufustruct on the property. At least you will have a place to live until you kick the bucket (if your wife is agreeable and will consent to the procedure). This would also provide you with extra time to sell the property if that is what you want. Don't know if this can be done from overseas with a lawyer but obviously the land deed would be required.

Usufruct can be easily cancelled by the wife , if they werent married legally it would be different

Usufruct can be easily cancelled by the wife , if they werent married legally it would be different

The jury is out on how well a Ufustruct can protect you. See this thread for some discussion. Certainly it will provide some protection and is better than nothing.

The OP as a farang and in most cases cannot legally in Thailand have any of the land or real estate placed in his name, unless as another poster has mentioned he forms some sort of company and includes the real estate as part of the company.

Do not believe the wife when she says that her husband can have the Thai property, because legally she is not able to do so. Also be aware that if she is presently in the UK, she may try and sell the property using any contacts she has in Thailand without the knowledge of the OP.

Be aware that the wife may try taking out loans using the real estate as collateral, if she has not already done so.

The only option the OP has, is to travel to Thailand, hire the services of a lawyer and get an order to cease any sales of the real estate and then take this matter through the Thai civil court system.

According to Thai law, a husband and wife may have to split the proceeds of the property 50/50 after it has been sold. If necessary the court will impose that the property is sold by auction if no agreements cannot be made between him and his wife.

The problem is that a lawyer may cost him a bundle, the hearing may take 2 years or more before the case comes to court, court fees etc, also he has to get things moving before his Thai wife is able to sell the property or take out any loans, so it`s a race against time.

Another big problem for the Op is that if he also owns property in the UK, his Thai wife may lay claim or want a percentage of that too, by going through the UK court system.

It appears that her main ambition in life is to take dear hubby to the cleaners and of course at the moment all the odds of doing so are in her favour.

Here I have given the OP some facts, sorry, but none of it good.

In the end, the OP will need to weigh up the costs of fighting his case in Thailand against the value of the property and decide whether to let it all go or still continue to claw some of his investments back.

I feel very sorry for the OP indeed.

Edited by Beetlejuice

nonsense our 2 children have had properties in their name here since they were born. Only problem is properties cant be sold without a court order until they reach majority age 20 by them. NO trust law here. I wish forang would stop thinking what applies in west law applies here.

Absolutely, letitbe.

My property here is in the names of all 3 of my children. Has been since they were nea igh ta grassopper.

Quite right, the children have no powers to sell the property until they reach the age of 20.

2 of my children are already over 20 and hoping that they don`t kick me out on my arse later on.

My famous last words are; naaa, they`re lovely kids, they would never do such a thing?

Scorpio,

Welcome your wife's generosity in letting you keep what she says you can keep, but don't trust her an inch. That is to say : trust her superficially, but cover yourself for every possible contingency. When you both return to Thailand, her friends/family may advise her to grab as much as she can. Peoples' attitudes change when they realize it's their last chance for a grab at money. Hers may. Get agreements signed while she's still saying "yes". Even if they're not legally binding, she may well THINK they are, and this will inhibit her changing position later.

Edited by Latindancer

"she will sign papers for me to give me the pattaya house and my car back."

You can get the cars, but the land is not available for you to own legally, unless you form a Thai company to own it, which to me is just asking for troubles later on.

If you don't have a home in LOS you might as well sell the vehicles, because you'll have nowhere to park them.

i do not want the car i want the money for house and car i dont want anything only the money i have lost over the last while, if need be i will get her to sign some kind of document to enable me to live in the house in pattaya if i cannot own it r sell it. she is not getting 50-50 as it was all my money that bought everything.

ive lost too much !!!

Right now your in the driving seat and she will say anything, once you get to Thailand things will switch and she will be the one in the driving seat. She cannot legally sign anything over to you where land is concerned If I were you I would put the house and stuff up for sale while in the UK and have the papers signed by her via courier and do it from there.

Unless she plans to get divorced in England in which case the OP is hit with a double whammy and the missus is driving both cars!!

Thank her for her willingness to do things smoothly....for their daughters sake....transfer the house into your daughters name 'for her future' from the both of you with a usufruct for you over it.

Genuine answer = you're screwed, same as the endless parade of other farangs before you here in thailand that jumped into the bush without thinking of protecting their assets. Get over it, move on and start anew.

Nice to see compassion is alive and well on TV