Vegemite Is Nasty

KRS1

Only Australians can eat vegimite its nor for you mate!

Its because we Ozi's started eating it when we where 3 months old.

Vegimite is so good for you so many vitamins and it tastes sooooo goood but not for you mate sorry about that, bad luck you cant and will never like it.

Lamb and vegimite yum yum yum

WE LOVE OUR VEGIMITE WE ALL ADORE OUR VEGIMITE IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEAK.

THATS THE MOTTO ADVERTISING JINGLE FOR VEGIMITE. YOU HAVE TO SING IT!

I thought "Cheak" was spelt "Cheek"

vegemite has no taste, Marmite is a lot better, and for a hot drink it has to be Bovril.

vegemite has no taste, Marmite is a lot better, and for a hot drink it has to be Bovril.

Vegemite has taste, it taste like crap, or maybe like something on the bottom of my shoe. :(

Never ever have i ever thought i would ever taste a farang food that tasted worse than Thai food......ever

puke ~~~ :bah:

How do you eat this stuff ? on toast ? like shit on a shingle?

It certainly is an 'acquired taste'. When brought up on it you don't really think of it as tasting like shit. We have it on toast or just plain bread, with heaps of butter. Some have it on their cornflakes after a night out. :D

Personally I prefer Promite, but I have no problem with the taste of Vegemite. I'm yet to meet anyone who wasn't brought up on it actually like it.

Vegemite has taste, it taste like crap, or maybe like something on the bottom of my shoe. :(

Never ever have i ever thought i would ever taste a farang food that tasted worse than Thai food......ever

As stated it's an acquired taste, which Aussies are bought up on! I wont touch something like Scottish Haggis but wouldn't mind trying some of your shoe! :licklips: Edited by bdenner

I had vegemite on toast this morning....my 6yo girl also......bought 3 bottles in Bkk the other week after about 2 months without.

Outstanding stuff....try a toasted cheddar cheese and vegemite sanger......

Vegemite on fresh crusty bread....mmmmm

Marmite is ok for pensioners and those that cannot handle anything with a bit of ooomph.

There is a way of spreading the veg also that makes a big difference, too thick and its too salty....just right and its perfection.

also you have to get the little yellow butter stains in the jar just right.....and melt the butter into hot toast first....then warm up the veg in the jar by working your knife back and forth 4 or 5 times, this avoids it lumping on the toast......spread it even and thin.

There is a yarn on this site I told a few years ago in a similar thread which I’ll repeat.

My no good, freeloading, Thai, brother-in-law turned up here potless one day and even though the family dislike him with a vengeance they had to give him a bed in the small bungalow out the back. They refused to feed him. Well, a few days later I’m coming down the stairs and spot him in our home and at our fridge, he had my jar of Vegemite in his hands with the lid off so I silently stayed where I was and watched. Sure enough he took a sniff then threw his finger into it dragging out a large dollop which went straight into his mouth.

His reaction was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in Thailand, raced out of the house running around the back yard screaming like a banshee and finally threw up! :sick::clap2:

There is a yarn on this site I told a few years ago in a similar thread which I'll repeat.

My no good, freeloading, Thai, brother-in-law turned up here potless one day and even though the family dislike him with a vengeance they had to give him a bed in the small bungalow out the back. They refused to feed him. Well, a few days later I'm coming down the stairs and spot him in our home and at our fridge, he had my jar of Vegemite in his hands with the lid off so I silently stayed where I was and watched. Sure enough he took a sniff then threw his finger into it dragging out a large dollop which went straight into his mouth.

His reaction was one of the funniest things I've seen in Thailand, raced out of the house running around the back yard screaming like a banshee and finally threw up! :sick::clap2:

hahahaha, brilliant. We also have Cheesymite now. hmmmm.

Mate you better stop eating crap and stuff from the bottom of your shoes thats the fowl taste in your mouth, not vegemite

What does shit taste like anyway I dont eat the stuff

I had vegemite on toast this morning....my 6yo girl also......bought 3 bottles in Bkk the other week after about 2 months without.

Outstanding stuff....try a toasted cheddar cheese and vegemite sanger......

Vegemite on fresh crusty bread....mmmmm

Marmite is ok for pensioners and those that cannot handle anything with a bit of ooomph.

There is a way of spreading the veg also that makes a big difference, too thick and its too salty....just right and its perfection.

also you have to get the little yellow butter stains in the jar just right.....and melt the butter into hot toast first....then warm up the veg in the jar by working your knife back and forth 4 or 5 times, this avoids it lumping on the toast......spread it even and thin.

There is nothing wrong with either I'm a Brit so prefer Marmite had to live on vegemite for over 6 month's once as ran out of Marmite the stuff they sold here reporting to be Marmite, is Crap. Agree with the Chedder bit. But one thing I will take issue with you over is your so called ooomph vegemite's got ooomph. Might have it if you put it on about 4" thick then it would be inedible. As stated lived on it for 6 month's but sorry to say it's doesn't have the Zing of Marmite. It might be a salt thing. Dont know about Vege but Marmite after yeast extract the bigest ingredient is SALT.

It is a taste only those with the finest tastebuds shall find endearing......us Australians have developed such fine cuisine over the years away from the influence of western muck......this was years ago before Maccas and such......the remaining world population does not have the refined ability to savor such delicacies.

For those of you that wish to reminisce about our national food.

Just watched the clip. Oh dear, But did you see how much they had to put on the bread Just to taste it + add salt and pepper. Now that say's it all really. If you put that much Marmite on it would be mile's to strong. Australian's have a good palate !!!!!!!

There is a yarn on this site I told a few years ago in a similar thread which I’ll repeat.

My no good, freeloading, Thai, brother-in-law turned up here potless one day and even though the family dislike him with a vengeance they had to give him a bed in the small bungalow out the back. They refused to feed him. Well, a few days later I’m coming down the stairs and spot him in our home and at our fridge, he had my jar of Vegemite in his hands with the lid off so I silently stayed where I was and watched. Sure enough he took a sniff then threw his finger into it dragging out a large dollop which went straight into his mouth.

His reaction was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in Thailand, raced out of the house running around the back yard screaming like a banshee and finally threw up! :sick::clap2:

That would make a great television commercial. :D

Only Australians can eat vegimite its nor for you mate!

Its because we Ozi's started eating it when we where 3 months old.

Vegimite is so good for you so many vitamins and it tastes sooooo goood but not for you mate sorry about that, bad luck you cant and will never like it.

Lamb and vegimite yum yum yum

Lamb, cheese and Vegimite sausages.

I am a happy little Vegemite. Love it .But it does have an even better slang name- Vaginamite, Which, obviously makes it much more fun to eat .So, i eat it often . Marmite?. terrible tack. A pommy mate gave me 2 jars - cannot come at it. Awful. Need some? , I have 2 jars to give away. With pleasure. I do agree Bovril is a superb product. Always had Bovril in my house ,when I lived in Oz..I also like Peanut butter ,and here in Thailand I make my own .Slang name? Penis butter .,Tomato sauce ,also has slang names. Dead horse and Maidens 'Monthly.I did time at an Agricultural college, many, many moons ago . If you did not refer to the names ,correctly . you would never get your: Vaginamite, Penis butter, Dead horse, or Maidens monthly. When roses are and ready to pluck ,that is when the girls are ready to ----. Bob Dyer , circa 1954, on an Oz quiz show." Happy lathering customers"(advertising Colgate shaving cream)

I am a happy little Vegemite. Love it .But it does have an even better slang name- Vaginamite, Which, obviously makes it much more fun to eat .So, i eat it often . Marmite?. terrible tack. A pommy mate gave me 2 jars - cannot come at it. Awful. Need some? , I have 2 jars to give away. With pleasure. I do agree Bovril is a superb product. Always had Bovril in my house ,when I lived in Oz..I also like Peanut butter ,and here in Thailand I make my own .Slang name? Penis butter .,Tomato sauce ,also has slang names. Dead horse and Maidens 'Monthly.I did time at an Agricultural college, many, many moons ago . If you did not refer to the names ,correctly . you would never get your: Vaginamite, Penis butter, Dead horse, or Maidens monthly. When roses are and ready to pluck ,that is when the girls are ready to ----. Bob Dyer , circa 1954, on an Oz quiz show." Happy lathering customers"(advertising Colgate shaving cream)

or for the older ones....the Money or the Box? sounds like thailand doesn't it? They usually ended up taking the Box.

Edited by harrry

Vegamite is a substandard rip off of Marmite. The Mrs loves marmite spread on toast and calls it Fallang Paa Dek :unsure:

Actually no, Vegemite is an "Australian" version of the New Zealand Marmite, which differs from the UK one in that it contains sugar and caramel and has a higher level of potassium and is less tangy.

Edited by Spoonman

What Ag college ??

It is a taste only those with the finest tastebuds shall find endearing......us Australians have developed such fine cuisine over the years away from the influence of western muck......this was years ago before Maccas and such......the remaining world population does not have the refined ability to savor such delicacies.

So true mate so true