Need New Shocks On The Honda Wave 125

realthaideal

Hey all. RTD is quite a hefty fellow, and it seems his motosai's shocks are shot (or <deleted> for that matter, after 5 years now). The neighborhood guy who usually does my repairs says it's beyond his scope of things as you have to lift the body up when doing the replacements - like with a crane or something as he explained it. Where have you guys had it done ? Were you happy ? What did you spend ? Did you go to a dealer or a small independent ? I'm thinking to buy my shocks at a parts store and just have the mechanic install. I want to have a selection so that I can take the middle path - good price, good quality - not too expensive and not cheap n crappy.

This is an immediate concern, so any repair shops you recommend is very helpful - I need them replaced this week before I damage my bike more.

I have never needed to have the shocks replaced on my motorbike because although I`m getting on a bit, my body is still trim, matching my good looks and charm.

But I have no doubts that will be able to obtain the parts you need and installing at any branch of, Nyom Panich.

I bought them at one of the shops on Chang Moi, think they were 350 B something. The bike (wave) was like new after the installation. :)

How long ago did you switch them out Semper ? I'm a little wary of unkown-brand shocks. But at the same time am gonna go by that shop on Chang Moi to look at what they've got there too. Have you had them for year yet ? And, if I may ask, whaddya weigh ?

I bought them at one of the shops on Chang Moi, think they were 350 B something. The bike (wave) was like new after the installation. :)

How long ago did you switch them out Semper ? I'm a little wary of unkown-brand shocks. But at the same time am gonna go by that shop on Chang Moi to look at what they've got there too. Have you had them for year yet ? And, if I may ask, whaddya weigh ?

About a year ago, and they are still ok. :) However considering your weight (read it on the bike forum) you could ask for a bit stronger springs, I think they have those also.

Edited by Semper

RTD, I bought a set of replacement heavy duty shocks for my Wave 100 when it was brand new 4 years ago.

As I am a rather hefty guy :whistling: , the stock shocks and spring rate were a no go.

I went to S. Panich Honda, the Panich store that is the central parts depot for the entire chain of stores (heading east out of town, on way to Superhwy on Kaew Nawarat).

They were no-name (to me at least) and they have lasted 4+ years.

The shocks are designed to go on motorcycle sidecars, and have adjustment for spring preload.

I set it on the softest setting and off I went, a happy camper.

I think the set, installed, cost right around the above mentioned 350 B or so.

Get them, you'll be happy you did....;)