My Dogs

Yes you can but make sure that you bring the dogs as accompanied baggage, not as cargo as you will have a real hassle getting them out of customs. I speak from experience. Took me five hours to get my dog out plus a large duty payment. If they come as baggage, no duty is payable and release is comparatively easy. Ask the ground staff in Bangkok for help when you arrive.

Also, go to the following web site and ask Thai Customs what forms you need to import the dogs. There is a box there for asking such questions. You may even be able to download the Notice to Quarantine form there.

<http://thailand.visahq.com/customs/> - without the brackets

They will need a current rabies vaccination certificate and a certificate of health issued no more than 1 week prior to departure. You will have to advise the animal quarantine section of Customs at Suvarnabhumi Airport of the flight details on which you and the dogs will arrive. Also, when you check in for your flight ask the airline (suggest that you arrive on Thai International) to telex ahead to arrange a quick transfer from the aircraft to the baggage belt on arrival. TG ground staff in Bangkok are very helpful.

Hope this helps.

unless i have missed it what type of dogs are they,there is a lot of information in the pets forum,eg.the heat,mossys,and finding somewhere to walk them[.keith and trish] i once new a keith great chap,but trish she was a dog.keep us all informed on how you get on.

There's a whole long thread in the pets forum about bringing in pets. Give it a read. I've imported two dogs and it all went smooth provided all paperwork is filled out.

Same here - I brought my 2 pet dogs from the UK, but paid for a professional to make all the arrangements. It was expensive (just over 3000 pounds from memory), but well worth it.

I also paid for a translator to come with me when they arrived at Phuket airport. It was then easy - all the paperwork was correct and I just had to pay a bit more to get them released. The extra money was probably un-necessary, but worth it to make it so quick.