Need Good Agency For Discount Business Class Tickets From Bkk-Lax

orchidlady

i need to fly from Bangkok to Los Angeles in October for a wedding. As I just injured my back, I am going to have to pay for either business class or maybe premium economy. Anyone know a good agency in Bangkok or a website they have personally used.

I was looking at Eva Air but they don't guarantee you will get the Elite class. i don't understand this...if you pay extra for the service and then are denied (put in regular economy??) do they refund the difference?

I'm not really sure what you mean. I've flown EVA Elite Class several times, and I've always gotten a guaranteed seat in that class. You get to choose the class when you book, then reserve the exact seat (in any class) starting 100 days before the flight. Where are you getting the information that you're guaranteed Elite Class if that's what you book and pay for? The only thing is that they don't guarantee that Elite is offered on every single flight. In fact, sometimes it's not....once you choose your dates, it gives you several flight options...you have to look and make sure you select the itineraries that consist of only Elite class seats.

By the way, it's definitely worth it!

I'm not really sure what you mean. I've flown EVA Elite Class several times, and I've always gotten a guaranteed seat in that class. You get to choose the class when you book, then reserve the exact seat (in any class) starting 100 days before the flight. Where are you getting the information that you're guaranteed Elite Class if that's what you book and pay for? The only thing is that they don't guarantee that Elite is offered on every single flight. In fact, sometimes it's not....once you choose your dates, it gives you several flight options...you have to look and make sure you select the itineraries that consist of only Elite class seats.

BANGKOK To TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) Take Elite Class, TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) To LOS ANGELES Take Elite Class / L

(* Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class service may not be Guaranteed on the S. E. Asia Sectors Connected with the Transpacific or Asia-Europe Routes.)

This is the information from their website under fare rules.

BANGKOK To TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) Take Elite Class, TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) To LOS ANGELES Take Elite Class / L

(* Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class service may not be Guaranteed on the S. E. Asia Sectors Connected with the Transpacific or Asia-Europe Routes.)

Huh. No idea what that's all about. I can only say that I've never had any problems when booking Elite Class tickets. Good luck!

In fact, EVA will guarantee a pre-booked assigned seating in Y class as well. Rather, an unusual practice in today's international routes.

Be sure to check vayama as well so you have a good idea what you will be paying using the services of a brick and mortar agent. Korean has a J class fare for 2895USD and their service is really good if you get their new J class full flat.

The Eva issue is intra asia only as some of their aircraft are not configured with the long haul elite product, they say that just to cover themselves in case of a plane change on the route.

That is correct. However, you can verify the availability by going online and looking at the flight options. The aircraft is indicated. Usually the B777 have the Elite and the AB 3X do not. You can easily determine which flights have availability. Click on the equipment and the seat config shows.

I flew Business Elite in May 2011. Price was a fantastic $1530 USD, roundtrip from LAX to BKK and back. I would expect the fair to be about the same if you start in BKK. I have looked at this fare many times over the years and it seems to get up to about $1670 USD at other times of the year. Christmas and high season might be a bit more but you can and should go to the EVA air website and book it directly. Easy to do, assuming you have a credit card. I would not bother with a travel agent for such a basic flight route.