Teacher Required

Hi there is a school in the Minburi area that needs a K1 kindergarten teacher. Preferably young and female. Not to much emphasis on qualifications but needs to be comfortable around young children and have a lot of energetic lesson ideas. The job is initally for one semester beginning the middle of October and running to the middle of March 2012 with possibly an option to sign on for another year. Salary would be around the 35-40,000 baht range. Please PM me if you are interested.

Hi, I am always surprised by the difference in salaries in this country. I am a full time teacher at Rajabhat University, 150 km.north of Bangkok.I The job is great, the students very friendly but the salary is only 27,000 THB. How come a kindergarten teacher can make 35,000 to 40,000 THB a month?

Ten years ago I taught English at a high school in Bangkok, only had about 20 classes a week and was paid 35,000 baht a month. Had to be on the premises from 7.30 am - 4.00 pm but was able to read The Bangkok Post.

Hi, I am always surprised by the difference in salaries in this country. I am a full time teacher at Rajabhat University, 150 km.north of Bangkok.I The job is great, the students very friendly but the salary is only 27,000 THB. How come a kindergarten teacher can make 35,000 to 40,000 THB a month?

You should know kindergarten teachers have to put a lot more effort and thought into getting the lesson topics across to young students. Do you think because your students are older, maybe near adults that you should be getting paid a higher wage?

You should know kindergarten teachers have to put a lot more effort and thought into getting the lesson topics across to young students. Do you think because your students are older, maybe near adults that you should be getting paid a higher wage?

Not at all, I have a great respect for Kindegarten teachers. You got me wrong. I just wanted to stress the fact that some Thai universities do not offer high salaries, unlike some Thai schools.

When did I ask for "higher wages" than K. teachers?

Well he would need a 30% rise on his salary to match the lower end of the salary in the OP. Maybe teaching adults requires a higher understanding of the subject which might counter some of the benefits of teaching older children rather than younger children (although kindergarten children normally have teacher helpers to offest that)