Paradise Censored.

up2you2

I could not think of anything that could have degraded the vista around Loch Palms more than the Berlin Wall fortification that has been constructed all around the golf course.

What was once a most scenic drive around the golf course on the perimeter road, has now been totally obstructed by a security measure that even the Taliban at Guantanamo Bay prison would have approved of.

Can anyone throw any light on why such an extreme measure was taken, the fact that you could have still have had a see through fence providing the same adequate security ?

I don't like forum moaners much, but I agree it does seem like a fair dinkum question. Part of the pleasure of golf (I'm guessing, I don't play) is the scenery while you're walking. It seems highly strange they would jeopardies that unnecessarily.

Bricks are cheaper than wire mesh! All of the Thai management know what the place looks like...what's the problem? Are you another whining falang?

Get a life mate!! the OP is making a simple comment on something that he feels is now an ugly addition to a once very nice scenic drive, it's you that has a problem here, bloody key board hero's!!

Bricks are cheaper than wire mesh! All of the Thai management know what the place looks like...what's the problem? Are you another whining falang?

Get a life mate!! the OP is making a simple comment on something that he feels is now an ugly addition to a once very nice scenic drive, it's you that has a problem here, bloody key board hero's!!

I second this, who is this TPI (?) first I ever seen a post here and hopefully the last !

I think your sarcasm detectors need recalibrating, gentlemen .....

I second this, who is this TPI (?) first I ever seen a post here and hopefully the last !

y one know

I think your sarcasm detectors need recalibrating, gentlemen .....

Anyone know where the Sarcasm recalibration office is in Phuket?

Most of the pharmacies in Phuket sell omega-3 fatty acids.

<deleted> is that all about!! very weird reply!!! oh thats sarcasm can't stop laughing help my sides are splitting!! ha ha lol

They also sell Xanax! ;-)

Why would you want to take Tampax!!! oh sorry Xanax lol

Getting boring now please stop raining!!

God forbid anyone new started posting in this Forum outside the regular 10 people.....

The only merit in this ugly erection from an insider's point of view, is that it has given us a greater feeling of security.

There used to be a great many locals " walkingThrough" and "looking" and when that happens at night it can make you nervous.It's a very big area to keep secure.

In time the wall will be covered in creepers which will help to hide it.

They also sell Xanax! ;-)

Well, yes. That would put the sarcasm generator to low steam mode. :)

If you don't like looking at the ugly fence then drive through Red Palm golf course instead, I think that is what the one next door is called. It also means that you skip that whole really really crappy stretch of road. Also the guards will salute you as you drive by.

I would assume its to control 'golf view' development and ensure they and only they retain as much of it as possible. I looked at a villa there on the golf side of the road, lovely views over the course but was warned that LP had complained, said that the rear fence had to be raised and they could always plant the scrub between the house and the courses with something to block it.

Getting back to the topic, if I may be so bold: the state of the thoroughfare that runs alongside aforementioned wall is so pitifully potholed that I think most sensible drivers (admittedly a rarity in these parts) will have have their eyes screwed to the pavement (where it exists)while driving there. That being the case they probably won't be paying too much attention to the wall... :huh: