Sofa Manufacturers

teej

Hello people,

I'm not being sexist and assuming that ladies would be the ones who know all about home furnishings, but I'm not sure where to post this thread... If I should post it somewhere else, please advise.

I would like to have a custom-made sofa in for my home but I don't know where to start looking for such a service. I'm not into buying things like SB furniture because I think that the quality is sub-par for the price. So I would like to design my own sofa and have it made somewhere...

Does anybody know where I could go about doing this? Is there a part of town that specializes in this kind of manufacturing? I'm not looking for teak chairs and wooden thai furnishings, etc. as there are many manufacturers that do this here... rather, i would like to design and have made a contemporary fabric/leather/etc. sofa.

Any help would be appreciated.

teej

almost any furniture shop will custom build to your design.

try the furniture shops along sukhumvit rd opposite waterford diamond , try the furniture floor at mbk shopping centre , or try the furniture section at chatuchak market.

if there is a home and furniture exhibition (these come up regularly in bangkok) then go along and take your design with you.

central dept. store furniture dept. will custom build too.

p.s.

I'm not being sexist and assuming that ladies would be the ones who know all about home furnishings,

no need for pathetic politically correct prologues either thank you very much.

Edited by taxexile

almost any furniture shop will custom build to your design.

try the furniture shops along sukhumvit rd opposite waterford diamond , try the furniture floor at mbk shopping centre , or try the furniture section at chatuchak market.

if there is a home and furniture exhibition (these come up regularly in bangkok) then go along and take your design with you.

central dept. store furniture dept. will custom build too.

p.s.

I'm not being sexist and assuming that ladies would be the ones who know all about home furnishings,

no need for pathetic politically correct prologues either thank you very much.

Agreed :o But I'll move it over to the house section anyway, may get a better response there.

I've never actually used them, and I have no affliation with them at all, but I have heard one or two good stories about a company called ACT Leather

If you are interested, give them a ring and see what they can do for you

Address : 562 Moo 2, Bangpoo Industrial Estate

Bangpoo Mai

City : Samutprakarn

Zip Code : 10280

Tel : +66 (0) 2324 0656, +66 (0) 2324 0656

Fax : +66 (0) 2709 3437, +66 (0) 2709 3437

As I say though, not a personal recommendation (as I cannot afford to have sofas made up :o )