Overstay 1 Day (Of 3 Month O Marriage Visa)

I have O marriage visa for 3 months, which is expired on 25 Aug, which is today!

I submitted 1 year extension last month and I am supposed to pick up on the 22 Aug, but I happened to forget.

My question: Do I need to leave the country?

Thanks

What does your passport state so far as the permission to stay date. Anyway, I wouldn't leave the country, but I would be at immigration the first opportunity, perhaps your extension is complete by now.

Edited by beechguy

You should go to immigration immediately. And hope you have a very understanding official. In most cases they will try to help, if you are respectful to them, but you appear to be in the wrong in this case.

I was under the impression it was a 500 baht fine for each day you overstay, with a single day not been a worry to officials? A number of days - yes, thats no good.. But a single day? lol

I have known a few people this has happened to.

I dont understand why so many TV members and mods hype little issues up so much...

We are talking about a one year extension of stay application that he did not bother to return to obtain and has now overstayed his original entry. He may lose the work/fees involved with that extension of stay application in worst case so expect it would not be a "little issue" in his mind if that happens.