Broke Brit In Pattaya Fed By Thai Beer Bar Hostesses

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO Sympathy here mate your just another embarrassment for our country you D..K. H...D

There are many in LOS with loads of cash that are an embarrassment to our country. :rolleyes:

( Sorted your grammar out for you, bit embarrassing )

I think there's really a need for foreigners to secure their financial concerns especially when they wish to stay here longer. But I commend him of having the guts to ask for help lots of people in here ended up killing themselves.

Don't marginalize the value to society of certain types of people taking the final solution into their own hands. Just one more entitled dirtbag who has probably never accepted personal responsibility in his life. He winds up in Pattaya, the rectum of South East Asia, and we all know the story from there. When he gets back to mother England he should be jailed for fraud and extortion.

I think the headline should read " Broke Brit fed to Thai Beer bar hostesses"

I knew that someone would take a shot at these hard hearted Thai prostitutes. This just shows that the girls are much better people than the likes of you. I am always amazed that ignorant people compare these girls with the crack whores of the west.

The words of a gentleman. :thumbsup:

Edited by geriatrickid

Maybe there's a larger story here, but it amazes me that he allowed himself to get to that stage (if he really did).

Because where he comes from there is no accountability for your actions, get yourself in a bind of your own doing and go bleating to a goverment department....poor me, not my fault..you have to do something....and has applied the same approach here....I have spent all my money, so British Goverment must fly me home, its not my fault.

IMHO...he is playing the system, same as people do in the UK all the time.

Too true too true, your forgetting one thing though (assuming you actually know in the first place). He is British! This means the British government will do sweet F A for him. Had he been of other nationality residing in the UK the they would have swept him up and flown him back first class.

Wow, so how does the Daily Mail subscription work in Thailand?

this is EXACTLY how such visitors should be treated.

While i understand the anger, leaving anyone to die it's not fair.

As a developed country have the means to save one of his citizens in need, the final responsability should lie on the government, which should also have a way to transform any failures as the life of this man apparently ended to, into an opportunity for him to contribute back to the local economy that should have saved him.

By this i mean, lets say the Gov pay for tickets,food,fines, whatever else needed to bring him back safe in his own country, then, once arrived, he should be OBLIGED to pay back and with also some sort of reasonable interest added to the bill, as doing some work needed inside his local community, for which otherways some other workforce was going to be hired at an higher cost, etc.

This should be an opportunity for his own country to show high morality standards doubled up with a financial earning, the main problem is that almost the totatility of the highly paid politicians from every sides in those countries are only interested in mantaining their own very personal privileges and status rather then be of some help to their countries, so, shame on the governments!!!

I have a friend with the same problem in Chiangmai, I have contacted the Embassy and they will contact him.

The guy in this story must realise that he will be detained in the IDC until the ticket and his fines can be purchased.

If he really needed money he could have pawned his rings and the watch.

And I think he is called Christopher Paul Smith.

How do you know his rings and watch have any value?

I have seen this guy on Walking street with more than 1 Thai lady. If his priority was meeting and greeting ladies; that was his business. Accordingly, now he is cries "help". His situation does not make him worthy of it. Send him back and blackball him from coming back. These type of people only gives Farangs a bad name. This 57 year old is acting like an eleven year old run-away. Keep individuals like this out of Thailand. Good bye with no sympathy. At the least sell his jewelry; watch and rings, to pay a small part of his departure. Looking at his shirt, it looks well ironed. Amazing for such a deprived individual. Kick his ars out.

You reckon the bar girls concerned are giving him money to send back to his family in the UK for the sick cows and sheep on the farm.

"He added that the persons responsible for English people in Thailand never helped him"

Big rich dont you think...."What persons are responsible for English people in Thailand"......surely he doesnt mean the British consulate/embassy...:blink:

Mr Smit Chistopher Paul....We know you come from mud island AKA the nanny state....but only you are responsible for your actions...because you came to Thailand and drank and whored all your money away....please dont try and pass the responsibility for your actions onto someone else.

Further based on the photo, the man is scamming people..."down and out"... but manages to have a watch on and gold rings on his fingers and looks reasonbley well kept...destitute my ar*e

I totally support the view that he and only he is responsible for his lifestyle, and physical, mental and financial condition. In the photograph he doesn't look to be in a distressed condition. His hair has been cut recently and his beard is tidy so he has had cash money in his pocket until fairly recently. If he doesn't have any folding stuff then it isn't a scam but I would stop short of replenishing his coffers. What he need is a ticket out of here, the UK Government to withdraw his passport until full repayment of the airfare with interest has been made and the the Thai immigration police to black list him.

We have no idea of how he arrived in the mess that he is in so that accusations that he hissed his assets up the wall and lavished much gold upon enticing Thai ladies are, at this stage anyway, totally unjustified.

Dear God what a patronising, smug, judgmental bunch you are. What's it to you? He doing you any harm? Cue the 'I paid my taxes to support these types' brigade. You don't know the full story, and frankly, it's none of your bloody business. 'Judge not lest ye be judged and all that'. <deleted>.

unless he menttaly ill then surely he knew what he was doing and his resposerble for his own actions but that a piss head for you from the uk everyone can look after me but myself why do we want him back here spongeing of us get real mate made your bed lie in it oppps sorry you aint got a bed in fact you got nothing sorry i dont feel for this type person unless they are ill because to many other people who are really in need

I love this self-righteous attitude that when a man runs runs out of luck for whatever reason he is immediately garbage.

Apparently the prostitutes in the bars who feel sympathy for him are better than you guys.

Your day will come too trust me it will come because no-body can escape disease and death.

I couldn't agree more. It could happen to anyone. Sounds like he was just strapped for cash and down on his luck. He's got 8 children after all! I can't even imagine...

He is upset with the British government for not assisting him although he has paid taxes throughout his life

Sounds like a bit of spin, you only pay taxes when you work (or have some form of income) and if he can come over to Thailand on indefinite leave you are not working therefore not paying tax, probably find he is one of the many who received more in benefits than ever paid in tax.

Seems he thought as like in the UK you can come on a one way ticket and when you want to go home just walk into a police station and request a free return flight.

When the British tax payers have to bail out such persons with a loan the consulate should cancel their passports and give them an emergency travel document (one way to the UK) and they would not be able to apply for a new passport until they have paid the loan back.

If he loves Thaland, what's he doing in Pattaya? Surely Pattaya is the antithesis of Thailand.

The most pertinent post so far.

Not really. You should get out of your moo baan more.

No thanks old chap. I prefer my nice moo baan to your Pattaya toilet.

I think that you have been in Thailand too long mate and have become as heartless as they are!

Show some compassion.

:annoyed:

Typical atitude coming from a welfare state zombie.

When will people realise they are responsible for themselves, The taxes he said he has paid over the years are not there to rescue him after he has irresponsibly blown his money on Drinking and buying sex.

If the UK embassy were to bail him out that would be wrong.

Lets hope he stays away, as we don't want these leaches here.

It is a bit lame to expect the British Embassy to bail you out of trouble.

If the British Embassy started paying for peoples flights home when they run out of money, there would be a queue a mile long every morning outside the embassy full of people waiting to receive their free flight home after over-spending.

The Embassy will help eventually but only after you've been in the Immigration Detention center for a few months.

This is a totally different situation to the mentally ill guy who the embassy left to die in Pattaya police station, even his basic right to be afforded the same treatment/conditions as locals was completely ignored by the consulate.

He has the right to go to the Immigration Detention center pending deportation.. So the embassy are doing no wrong.

Edited by Satcommlee

I was in Pattaya last weekend and saw a homeless, unkempt foreigner staying on the street in the Soi Diane area between 2nd Road and Soi Buakhao. He has long black hair, not shaven, and was wearing only 1 flip flop.

No idea what nationality.

Has anyone else seen this guy?

I was in Pattaya last weekend and saw a homeless, unkempt foreigner staying on the street in the Soi Diane area between 2nd Road and Soi Buakhao. He has long black hair, not shaven, and was wearing only 1 flip flop.

No idea what nationality.

Has anyone else seen this guy?

There's a whole thread about him...