Cambodian Visa 100Thb Extra Charge

Depending on which entry point you used,you were lucky to get away with the $20 charge ,Had Lek and Poipet usually insist on 1200 baht.

Poipet has a habit of refusing to give you an entry /departure card insisting that they fill it in for you for a 100 baht fee.

Just another scam.

Depending on which entry point you used,you were lucky to get away with the $20 charge ,Had Lek and Poipet usually insist on 1200 baht.

Poipet has a habit of refusing to give you an entry /departure card insisting that they fill it in for you for a 100 baht fee.

Just another scam.

It was in Poipet.

They asked for 1200 baht visa fee. I said I have 20 USD, then said OK 20 Dollars plus 100THB

Did you have a passport photo?

Last time I went through I was asked an extra 100 Baht because I had no passport photo.

Yes I did have my passport photo and my 20 dollars ready.

I asked why the 100 THB they say it was for 'express charge', I was going to reply I was in no hurry, but I did not want to argue with border Officers.

Are you talking about an official officer? or was it one of those little buttwipes in the fake uniforms lurking around outside, waiting to scam people as

they get off the bus?

the official at the visa office

They look the same :whistling:

Chong Chom is also 1100 Baht.

At Chong Sa Ngam we went hrough twice for $20 but were told "$25 next time, $20 goes to government and we have to buy stationery and stamps". Bullshit, of course, they are just a bit slower getting on the bandwagon.

This time we had to pay 50 Baht a head Admin on the Thai side and 100 baht a head on the Cambodian side - maybe it was because there were 17 of us, they saw the cash bells ringing !

We could hardly tell them to <deleted> off or even ask for a receipt.

It's quite infuriating, they could just ask us for anything they like and we can't do anything about it ?

The thing you can do is to say "no", they are all the same, uniformed government's officials or beggar's like unrequested helpers, you can pre-pay online to avoid very insisting extra charges requests from the ones in uniform, the others will try to convince you that you need extra stuff.....

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

The thing you can do is to say "no", they are all the same, uniformed government's officials or beggar's like unrequested helpers, you can pre-pay online to avoid very insisting extra charges requests from the ones in uniform, the others will try to convince you that you need extra stuff.....

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

Unfortunately e-visas are not accepted at every border crossing. And even with an e-visa there is nothing to stop the officials insisting on a top-up fee. Sure they can say no, and they can then give you the run-around.

This is just commonplace. At Poipet, I hand the 100 baht over with a 20 dollar note. They really do expedite processing. It really pissed off a group of backpackers who were arguing to get the $20 price when they saw my visa issued immediately. I waved hello when I was walking back on my visa run. They weren't too happy!

This is just commonplace. At Poipet, I hand the 100 baht over with a 20 dollar note. They really do expedite processing. It really pissed off a group of backpackers who were arguing to get the $20 price when they saw my visa issued immediately. I waved hello when I was walking back on my visa run. They weren't too happy!

A pretty standard scam. At the 1200 baht scam price, that is ripping off a 20$ extra charge. I always simply refuse to pay, saying politely that if that is not acceptable, I will take it up with the tourism dept. in PP. They then said they had no money and needed extra. I then told them if they were getting between 5 and 20 dollars from every single border crosser, that that was a lot of money. He smiled and gave me my visa for $ 20.

Last time I gave them $21 and they accepted it. I also heard from one of my friends that he insisted that he would pay only $20 and he made it although he had to wait for quite a few minutes.

Edited by roc634

Guys the fee now is 800bht at Poipet only at the real immo office(new building on the right) , yes it has came down so not sure why some of the visa run companies prices have gone up. I was there last Thur and was surprized when they handed me back 200bht from 1,000bht.

I went to the regular window with my 2 passports (thai side, departure). My "O" visa was in the old passport and I had since gotten a new one because the old one was full.

they directed me to another window to see "the boss". she filled in some paperwork and stamped my new passport with all kind of stamps (referring to the visa in the old passport).

these took about 5 minutes and then I was asked for 100 baht. I assume this had to do with the extra work.

thaisabai

From the official website: http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Testimonial.aspx

status03s.gif Please comment our visa online (e-Visa) service with your experiences in order to serve you better in the future.

• -What do you think about e-Visa homepage and application process?
  • -Are you satisfied with:
    • e-Visa customer services?
    • e-Visa Immigration clearance?

[*]-Would you recommend e-Visa to your family and friends?[*]- Do you have any suggestion to help us to improve e-Visa service?

(OR send your comment to e-mail: [email protected])

Are you talking about an official officer? or was it one of those little buttwipes in the fake uniforms lurking around outside, waiting to scam people as

they get off the bus?

the official at the visa office

They look the same :whistling:

Chong Chom is also 1100 Baht.

At Chong Sa Ngam we went hrough twice for $20 but were told "$25 next time, $20 goes to government and we have to buy stationery and stamps". Bullshit, of course, they are just a bit slower getting on the bandwagon.

This time we had to pay 50 Baht a head Admin on the Thai side and 100 baht a head on the Cambodian side - maybe it was because there were 17 of us, they saw the cash bells ringing !

We could hardly tell them to <deleted> off or even ask for a receipt.

If you can get away with paying in US dollars I think you are lucky because even $25

is still only 725 baht. Up at the Myanmar border ( Mae Sai) they are very close to

refusing to accept US dollars insisting on Thai currency only.

Edited by midas

Did you have a passport photo?

Last time I went through I was asked an extra 100 Baht because I had no passport photo.

Yes I did have my passport photo and my 20 dollars ready.

I asked why the 100 THB they say it was for 'express charge', I was going to reply I was in no hurry, but I did not want to argue with border Officers.

Its a scam. My last trip to Phnom Penh (SP?) at the airport immigration I paid for my visa with a $20 bill- no problema. My buddy tried to pay for his with a crisp new $100 USD bill. Cambodian immigration "No have change, do you have 1,000 baht?" Scam, pure and simple. They receive hundreds of USD bills each day... but no change :rolleyes:

you do realize you are entering cambodia right?

crying about a whopping mysterious 100B fee while entering the land of the lost is pretty lame..

just pay and move on..

... and you, Sir, have missed the point entirely.

This is about corruption, being aware of it and how it varies from border point to border point. Knowledge of the differences may affect your thinking about border runs/visits.

As a minimum, awareness of what goes on will help to stop you being frustrated or getting angry.

Attitudes such as your own only make it easier for the corruption to be perpetuated.

In February, I rolled up in Poipet with my $20 bill. A uniformed official filled out the form for me than sheepishly asked for a tip. I asked him how much he had in mind and then hid my relief when he asked for $1. I've never gotten away with paying so little there when I didn't have a visa already.

I will have the e-Visa again next year. This year I had thought I might use one of the border crossings where it's not accepted (and had missed a Buddhist holiday when going to the embassy - DOH!).

Entry with an e-Visa is NOT accepted from Thailand at the following crossings:

Chorm (Oddar Meanchey)

Daung (Kamrieng Battambang)

Prom (Pailin) Thailand

O Smach (Oddar Meanchey)

All of the crossings from Viet Nam EXCEPT Bavet (Svay Rieng) and none of the border crossings with Laos.

Edited by mrdome

Just another scam.

If you are intending to go to Cambodia via Poipet, AVOID the crooks that wait like hawks

and tell you that you only get Cambodian visa now on the Thai side of the border and charge you 1200bath.

Just ignore them and walk over to the Cambodian side, pay your $20 and of you go.

I have been just recently and fell for those crooks also, because they told me that the rules have changed.

bullshit nothing has changed, it is just another rip off, Good luck.

Edited by 7by7
Font amended; Forum Rules, "Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette." Also deleted two words to remove racist overtones.

From the official website: http://www.mfaic.gov...estimonial.aspx

status03s.gif Please comment our visa online (e-Visa) service with your experiences in order to serve you better in the future.

[*]-Would you recommend e-Visa to your family and friends?[*]- Do you have any suggestion to help us to improve e-Visa service?

Just for the ThaiVisa.com record: I used the e-Visa often, both at Poi Pet land border and at PNH airport. Never had any problem, never did an officer ask for extra money.

I now have a one-year multiple entry visa, so this does not apply any more. I am in Cambodia about once a month, and I don't have problems with this visa either.

In February, I rolled up in Poipet with my $20 bill. A uniformed official filled out the form for me than sheepishly asked for a tip. I asked him how much he had in mind and then hid my relief when he asked for $1. I've never gotten away with paying so little there when I didn't have a visa already.

I will have the e-Visa again next year. This year I had thought I might use one of the border crossings where it's not accepted (and had missed a Buddhist holiday when going to the embassy - DOH!).

Entry with an e-Visa is NOT accepted from Thailand at the following crossings:

Chorm (Oddar Meanchey)

Daung (Kamrieng Battambang)

Prom (Pailin) Thailand

O Smach (Oddar Meanchey)

All of the crossings from Viet Nam EXCEPT Bavet (Svay Rieng) and none of the border crossings with Laos.

You will find the updated list of border crossings accepting e-Visa here:

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Default.aspx

Note the difference between entry and exit acceptance.

From the official website: http://www.mfaic.gov...estimonial.aspx

Just for the ThaiVisa.com record: I used the e-Visa often, both at Poi Pet land border and at PNH airport. Never had any problem, never did an officer ask for extra money.

I now have a one-year multiple entry visa, so this does not apply any more. I am in Cambodia about once a month, and I don't have problems with this visa either.

Tom, I am looking to get a one year multiple extension next month. Any advice ? I am probably going to cross at Koh Kong and then arrange the 12m extension in Sihanoukville.