Clubs Closing At 2Am Now?

thebluedrg

Does anyone know why clubs such as Insomnia, Mixx are closing at 2am or so now?? I've been there 2 weeks ago

and police came .. close the place down. Last weekend, same thing... only place left was Swing... All ppl were wondering.

Should I expect the same thing tonight?? Clubs such as Insomnia are getting crowded after 1am.. one hour left?

Talking with lady in Soi Cowboy and she said crackdown would only last through August. According to her it was prompted by Chuwit Kamolvisit charges of gambling dens being operated by several high ranking police officers. The national police chief has taken it one step further and also ordered crackdown on nightclubs operating outside of law.

Will wait till September to see if she was right.

Talking with lady in Soi Cowboy and she said crackdown would only last through August. According to her it was prompted by Chuwit Kamolvisit charges of gambling dens being operated by several high ranking police officers. The national police chief has taken it one step further and also ordered crackdown on nightclubs operating outside of law.

Will wait till September to see if she was right.

Over the years here, I've observed this kind of situation come back relatively regularly. For a 3-4 weeks period, the 2am law will be enforced pretty thoroughly, then things will go back to normal for a few months, then the little dance will start again.

I believe it's some kind of reminder from whoever is in charge that they can close down anyone anytime and that they better get "insured" against such an inconvenience.

You have definitely come to the wrong place to ask about nightclubs closing times. I would imagine the vast majority of posters here are tucked in in bed with their horlicks by 11pm, ready for their trip to the market at 7am.

Edited by hotandhumid

Things are getting worse. My local bar had a party every Saturday night with free food and live music. Pattaya City Hall granted this party license without any problems from 6pm to midnight.

This Friday they refused to issue the license till midnight and said because of the change in government they have new rules. They can only issue the music license to 10pm. They warned that police would be driving past the bar and if the music went on past 10pm they would be fined.

As it was not worth paying for the band just from 6pm till 10pm for the first time in 12 months there was no party at my local tonight!

Chris