Tv Programmes Copied To Dvd

JGV

What is best for copying TV movies. Get an external DVD Recorder so it can be done direct or use a computer to Capture the image and then convert format

Any advice and also where can you buy a DVD Recorder. I saw one in Sun City at 23000 which seemed pricey. The one with Hard Disk was 36000

Help

JGV

I bought a TV capture card and extension lead for my desktop computer..

The card is put into the computer and the cd installed.

I just plug the extension lead into the red, yellow and white sockets on the output on the TV

It will now record anything that appears on the TV screen.

Its ideal for copying encrypted films (not that I would you understand).

I cost me £25 in the UK and £5 for the lead.

Its called WIN ON TV CAPTURE CARD.

I bought a TV capture card and extension lead for my desktop computer..

The card is put into the computer and the cd installed.

I just plug the extension lead into the red, yellow and white sockets on the output on the TV 

It will now record anything that appears on the TV screen.

Its ideal for copying encrypted films (not that I would you understand).

I cost me £25 in the UK and £5 for the lead.

Its called  WIN ON TV CAPTURE CARD.

i think you would have to first record the tv movie then replay it back into

the wintv capture card. maybe there is such a device out there that

is a dedicated machine that converts and burns realtime.

i've converted some old vids i had on camcorder to dvd format. its very

time consuming and it takes a BIG hard drive with plenty of free space. the wintv software would only convert in 2 gig segments so i had to keep putting the vcr on pause and restarting wintv capture. perhaps there is better capture software out there there has to be!

the trick then was to lace all those 2 gig files into 1 dvd. i believe i did that

with nero. its been over a month since i did it and memory is getting foggy

Edited by bakachan

i've  converted some old vids i had on camcorder to dvd format. its very

time consuming and it takes a BIG hard drive with plenty of free space. the wintv software would only convert in 2 gig segments so i had to keep putting the vcr on pause and restarting wintv capture. perhaps there is better capture software out there there has to be!

NeroVision Express can capture video from both digital and analog sources (your TV capture card in this case) and produce DVD format output directly to file or DVD Writer.

If you are prepared to sit there and fiddle with the computer every time,

then do it that way. Remember some DVD's will not play on PC.

I bought a digital vcr. Pioneer DVR-720H-S

It records to a hard disk, and is as easy to use as an old vcr.

It has editing facilities, so I can get rid of all those nasty ads from the TV.

Then I can write the programmes out to DVD.

Granted it was expensive, but well worth the money.

Edited by astral

On transferring analogue 8 mm camcorder tapes to DVD, the quality that I was able to get from a stand-alone DVD recorder was way better than I was able to get with a capture card. Maybe a better quality capture card would have given better results?...dont know...

On transferring analogue 8 mm camcorder tapes to DVD, the quality that I was able to get from a stand-alone DVD recorder was way better than I was able to get with a capture card. Maybe a better quality capture card would have given better results?...dont know...

I use Win Tv tuner card in my PC and it is the greatest secret in the PC world. I plug in my cable and the card lets me:

1) Watch any TV program on my PC(tuner has 125 channels)

2) Program my PC to record any program when I am not at the computer

3) Record programs as I watch

4)This is the best. Burn VCD's on regular CD's and play on any DVD player.

5) Cost $25.00(PCI card) Self install in 5 minutes

6) Any??

Pgrin

Before leaving the States to retire here in Pattaya I bought a Cyberhome 1600 DVD Recorder works same as a VCR but burns on to DVD blanks and it is 110/240 volt so no converter needed and the price was the best part 89.00 US on sale at Target Stores in the US.

You must have missed out a digit there. $89 jing jing?

bloody good deal if it is the right price. All I want now is an idiot proof VHS / DVD recorder combo to convert all my old tapes. ( guess who is the idiot :o )

I use Win Tv tuner card in my PC and it is the greatest secret in the PC world. I plug in my cable and the card lets me:

6) Any??

Pgrin

Would one of these work in Thailand? :o

6) Any??

Pgrin

Would one of these work in Thailand? :o

Yes. See specs here: http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr350_datasheet.htm

However this one (model shown) is an expensive fully decked out version which is what I want.

I have been trying to find one (hauppauge) in Thailand to build my multimedia home theater PC because it is listed as the best, next to ATI.

Edited by tywais

Probably too late now but THE best way to get 8mm tapes into your PC is via a Digital 8 camcorder.

They play analog 8mm straight out of the firewire port and into your PC.

BTW, if anyone wants 8mm video to DVD / SVCD / VCD drop me a PM (have D8 camcorder). Low fees (beer) :o

Before leaving the States to retire here in Pattaya I bought a Cyberhome 1600 DVD Recorder works same as a VCR but burns on to DVD blanks and it is 110/240 volt so no converter needed and the price was the best part 89.00 US on sale at Target Stores in the US.

You must have missed out a digit there. $89 jing jing?

bloody good deal if it is the right price. All I want now is an idiot proof VHS / DVD recorder combo to convert all my old tapes. ( guess who is the idiot :o )

That is the right price 89.00 US and it is working great also can copy the VCR tapes with out any problems really a good deal

Thanks for all the advice. Can anyone tell me where to buy the cheap standalone Recorder in Thailand. I can go to London and get a Lite On DVD Recorder for 100 pounds but the airfare will cost another 350 quid. Need solution in Thailand

Thanks for all the advice. Can anyone tell me where to buy the cheap standalone Recorder in Thailand. I can go to London and get a Lite On DVD Recorder for 100 pounds but the airfare will cost another 350 quid. Need solution in Thailand

Edit//removed

Disregard, didn't see the "standalone" Lite-on" recorder comment. But just in case:

http://www.shop4thai.com/en/category/?cat=41

Edited by tywais