Cheap Car Rentals

sunnyhor

Anyone have any good contacts? I would like to hire a SUV something like CR-V for 2 to 3 days out of Chiang Mai.

Most contact charge a daily of 1200-1400 Bht. I am expecting a 800 Baht, anyone care to recommend?

No flamming please, any input appreciate *_*

I have always used fast car rentals but their prices have increased a lot over the past 12 months or so. They are cheaper than dealing with the big boyy car renters direct and they are reliable.Check them out on the net too for a price altho you will get a cheaper rate elsewhere for sure, if you are not looking for a near new,well maintained vehicle.

Thanks mate, if you have a good contact please pm me too!:rolleyes:

I have always used fast car rentals but their prices have increased a lot over the past 12 months or so. They are cheaper than dealing with the big boyy car renters direct and they are reliable.Check them out on the net too for a price altho you will get a cheaper rate elsewhere for sure, if you are not looking for a near new,well maintained vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Rented a car this week for a few days... Avis was the WORST experience we had. You can't call the local office and when you call the number provided for CM it is actually a call center in Bangkok. I've got to hand it to these ladies, they could hard-sell and spin facts in their second language with ease! The rates were always changing, everything was extra (including each part of their multi-part insurance coverage).

I went back to my faithful standby -- Budget. They are and were professional, great cars, safety-checked, staff that can communicate (well enough) in English and management that cares and will take the time to correct issues when/if they come up.

Just my experience and my addition to the topic.

Rented a car this week for a few days... Avis was the WORST experience we had. You can't call the local office and when you call the number provided for CM it is actually a call center in Bangkok. I've got to hand it to these ladies, they could hard-sell and spin facts in their second language with ease! The rates were always changing, everything was extra (including each part of their multi-part insurance coverage).

AVIS operate like this in many countries. You have to be very careful with car hire. I heard a story recently of somebody booking a european city break with British Airways. The website offered extras like car hire. That was clicked on and added to the booking. It said it included insurance (the bare minimum but that was not highlighted). Whilst staying overnight in the hotel in Rome the car was stolen. The "insurance" did not include theft. Result a 16000 euro bill for a new car!