Visa Run Crash

So i waited for her response, and you know what i never got one. still waiting.

One post here and she owes YOU a response.. A bit conceited don't you think?

Sh1t happens in Thailand. It has happened to me. As as one learned person in this thread stated "you shovel it up and carry on".

Sh1t happens in Thailand is right. One aspect that many people love about Thailand is that it is more free of regulations and laws that they get burdened with back home. It's part of the charm. Then when something tragic like this happens, all of a sudden there is a clamor for everything being done just like back home. You can't have it both ways. You can't pick and choose what and when you want it to be like home. If you need to do a visa run and want it to be more "like home", fly out to Singapore or Hong Kong for a weekend trip instead of taking a bus ride on wild Thai roads through South Thailand to a border crossing in the jungle. I did it once with Julie back in 2007 just to do it one time. Nothing of note really happend other than some monkeys on the road. After that, I flew someplace for my visa runs. A lot more interesting that way anyway.

shit does happen that is what inssurence was invented for.

other companies have it so if u want to take short cuts and not cover your passenegers or at least have them sign something saying that they are aware that they are not covered in case of a n accident so the customer can make a choice then it can cost the owner millions just because they want to chase ever baht out of people.

it is pathetic way to run things.

in the end she may have lost customers by letting them knwo that they are only iinssuered for a smal amount but she would have saved allot more had she done so.

if she did lose customers after letting them knwo that they have limited inssurence then she always had the choice to look how much to obtain full inssurence.

If she has been advised to say nothing then she is probably stil battling her way through the storm.

i think that the only thing that would save her is her paying for the expense of the victims and making sure she is inssurence should if it happens again or she might aswell just shut up shop .

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i waited for her response, and you know what i never got one. still waiting.

One post here and she owes YOU a response.. A bit conceited don't you think?

Sh1t happens in Thailand. It has happened to me. As as one learned person in this thread stated "you shovel it up and carry on".

Sh1t happens in Thailand is right. One aspect that many people love about Thailand is that it is more free of regulations and laws that they get burdened with back home. It's part of the charm. Then when something tragic like this happens, all of a sudden there is a clamor for everything being done just like back home. You can't have it both ways. You can't pick and choose what and when you want it to be like home. If you need to do a visa run and want it to be more "like home", fly out to Singapore or Hong Kong for a weekend trip instead of taking a bus ride on wild Thai roads through South Thailand to a border crossing in the jungle. I did it once with Julie back in 2007 just to do it one time. Nothing of note really happend other than some monkeys on the road. After that, I flew someplace for my visa runs. A lot more interesting that way anyway.

shit does happen that is what inssurence was invented for.

other companies have it so if u want to take short cuts and not cover your passenegers or at least have them sign something saying that they are aware that they are not covered in case of a n accident so the customer can make a choice then it can cost the owner millions just because they want to chase ever baht out of people.

it is pathetic way to run things.

in the end she may have lost customers by letting them knwo that they are only iinssuered for a smal amount but she would have saved allot more had she done so.

if she did lose customers after letting them knwo that they have limited inssurence then she always had the choice to look how much to obtain full inssurence.

If she has been advised to say nothing then she is probably stil battling her way through the storm.

i think that the only thing that would save her is her paying for the expense of the victims and making sure she is inssurence should if it happens again or she might aswell just shut up shop .

+1

• 3 weeks later...

an ex copper

Ex Special Constable. Quite a significant difference.

if that is the case then she should be hit harder with the book considering she was in a place of authority and she should be leading by example !

I think it is a case of what she must have herd many times in an interview room of " no comment "

For Big C.

Please learn to spell before trying to act as if you have an education.

Just a suggestion sunshine.

so you understood what i was saying so why do i need to learn how to spell.

if i was writing a letter to a customer then yes i would tak e more time over my typing but on a forum where i am gaining no profit i just write as fast as possible and mis spell and mis type but i don't care as long as my message gets across and in this case my message is.

Don't tell me what to do! If i want to give out education and spell like a <deleted> then i shall what u going to do about it. Pick up a phone and call someone who cares.

Maybe the victims of reading mis spelt forum post hot line. if you really feel that bad about my spelling then they have hospitals that can help you get over this. In fact if my spelling bothers you that much then maybe you sould be in a hospital.

I shall dig out some number of some good phycatrics for you. Don't worry together we can help to make you well ;)

Alright, enough of the personal attacks. We are aware that BigC doesn't take the time to spellcheck and insulting someone over their poor spelling is not only poor netiquette but rude.

One insulting post has been removed, please don't repeat.

Alright, enough of the personal attacks. We are aware that BigC doesn't take the time to spellcheck and insulting someone over their poor spelling is not only poor netiquette but rude.

One insulting post has been removed, please don't repeat.

Thanks SBK for getting my message across. I would use a spell check but the more i spell badly the more i waist people's time by them having a go at me plus people find it amusing and britens ups the forum.

:jap:

• 1 month later...

Ryan , who was seriously injured in this crash has just died from his injuries ....

i think thanks are in order for all the events that where held to help his medical treatment ,

RIP RYAN

Edited by Boater

RIP. Did anyone have to face the consequences of this tragic accident?

not that i am aware off, and it is disgusting that the company is still operating... but now it has resulted in a death, i am hoping the police will re investigate

• Like 1

'Boater'

... it is disgusting that the company is still operating... but now it has resulted in a death, i am hoping the police will re investigate

I assume there was an initial investigation and no negligence was found. Or not? I thought it was determined more or less to have been an accident. Something that under normal circumstances could happen (unfortunately) to anyone. Or is that not the case?

'Boater'

... it is disgusting that the company is still operating... but now it has resulted in a death, i am hoping the police will re investigate

I assume there was an initial investigation and no negligence was found. Or not? I thought it was determined more or less to have been an accident. Something that under normal circumstances could happen (unfortunately) to anyone. Or is that not the case?

have you read the whole thread?

I skimmed it and tried to wean out what appeared to be facts, what appeared to be innuendo and what appeared to be hyperbole. There seemed to be a great deal of conjecture abounding.

I could well have missed the smoking gun, so if you can go through all 289 individual posts and cut and past into a Word document the record as you understand it that will bring us all up to date on the incident, the aftermath, the police involvement and the subsequent findings, and post that here, you would be doing me and everyone a great service.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry to the family and friends of the deceased. It is not easy to make sense of the senseless.

RIP young man.

there will be no prosecution ot inquest, we all know that. hopefully nobody will use that visa comapnay again, but they probably will. people rearly should have insureance or have the meas to pay a substantial hospital bill. Time after time people are in these situations and needing funds for hospitals, here with no insurance madness.

Why not just hire a car with a sencable driver, take a relaxing drive down, do the bounce stay over night then travel back next day. i did it time and time again and had no trouble finding 3 people to make up a four to split the costs.

i dont get the rush have to be there and back in the day on a hell journey. the cost work out the same hiring a budget rental car and taking 2 days.

it would be a nice legacy if this loonacy were to end but it wont and there will be a next time.

Before this incident, I had taken Julie's service three times, not only without incident, but with jackboot efficiency. The drivers were not going faster than the normal flow of traffic. I believe at this time, you were seeing many complaints about the very fast driving and unfriendly service of a competitor named Herbert. This is indicated on other Thailand-oriented websites as well.

But until l review Boater's precis of the last 12 pages, I cannot comment on culpability, although what I had gleaned, as I said earlier, was that there was an accident.

A tragedy, no doubt, and something that plays in the back of my own mind every time I get on the road here.

Condolences to the family.

By the way, did they raise enough to get him home or did he pass away in Thailand?

Not trying to be callous but just wondering if he may have had a better chance of pulling through with different medical expertise.

Condolences to the family.

By the way, did they raise enough to get him home or did he pass away in Thailand?

Not trying to be callous but just wondering if he may have had a better chance of pulling through with different medical expertise.

He was medivac'd to the UK.

I understand the frustrations experienced by some members, but I really have to draw the line here.

I really think some of the posts are treading a very fine line. Would appreciate it if you put some thought into it & consider the consequences before posting.

Discussion is by all means encouraged & a healthy debate is welcome. Thaivisa has a set of rules & guidelines please re acquaint yourselves with them if you are not sure.

Thank you.

I understand the frustrations experienced by some members, but I really have to draw the line here.

I really think some of the posts are treading a very fine line. Would appreciate it if you put some thought into it & consider the consequences before posting.

Discussion is by all means encouraged & a healthy debate is welcome. Thaivisa has a set of rules & guidelines please re acquaint yourselves with them if you are not sure.

Thank you.

Yes maybe time for Visa Run bashing is over. I think that the owners have their owner head aches to deal with. Last i got to say on this.

Nastey accident shame...