The Best Bar In Pattaya

paulnuek

Just got home today.

Well the best bar-or the one I most frequented was the Best friend bar.

The reason being that I did make a best friend there during my stay. :o

Checked out quite a few bars on my travels and most were ok.

A big thank you to Thaiflyer who showed me around town.

Must have been a good night as I don`t remember that much.

Which Bar number.....I like number 16 as it is run by a mate, But my girls step dad likes one of the little ones off to the side.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting what you say about the music. I used to go to TQ1 yonks ago, and the music was good - now not so great. It never ceases to amaze me how many bars play 'club - boom boom bloody boom' music and you take a look around and the average age of the clientele is well into their half centuries - mainly born centuries before so -called club music emerged from the depths of hel_l. True enough, many punters don't care about the music - so if so, why play boom boom bloody boom with no melodies if no one is interested? How about something with a tune?and that includes. rock, pop, blues and almost anything except boom boom bloody boom!! Sorry, its my pet hate. Excuse my ignorance - where is KK?

My thoughts exactly. Evidently the problem is that the Thai DJs only know or like the 'club - boom boom bloody boom' crap. For some reason, the bar owners defer to them as if they have no choice. I can't stand listening to that for long.

KK (King Kong) is on Soi 6 (Soi Yodsak) on the left side, maybe 3 or 4 bars into the soi, near the beginning of the soi. I wouldn't exactly characterise it as a "great" bar but it certainly does have character--of a sort.

Interesting what you say about the music. I used to go to TQ1 yonks ago, and the music was good - now not so great. It never ceases to amaze me how many bars play 'club - boom boom bloody boom' music and you take a look around and the average age of the clientele is well into their half centuries - mainly born centuries before so -called club music emerged from the depths of hel_l. True enough, many punters don't care about the music - so if so, why play boom boom bloody boom with no melodies if no one is interested? How about something with a tune?and that includes. rock, pop, blues and almost anything except boom boom bloody boom!! Sorry, its my pet hate. Excuse my ignorance - where is KK?

KK (King Kong) is on Soi 6 (Soi Yodsak) on the left side, maybe 3 or 4 bars into the soi, near the beginning of the soi. I wouldn't exactly characterise it as a "great" bar but it certainly does have character--of a sort.

KK does play very good music though.

If you are the shy, retiring sort it is not the bar for you :o

Just got home today.

The reason being that I did make a best friend there during my stay. :o

Which Bar number.....I like number 16 as it is run by a mate, But my girls step dad likes one of the little ones off to the side.

Not sure of the number.

The one next to the small kiosk with a couple of pcs in.(from the beach looking in,the one on the left hand side).

Just got home today.

The reason being that I did make a best friend there during my stay. :D

Not sure of the number.

The one next to the small kiosk with a couple of pcs in.(from the beach looking in,the one on the left hand side).

Ah the one I have many fond memories of (from my distant past) is the one on the right next to the kiosk :o

Hot and Cold

Being in the neighbohood, yesterday I stopped into Hot and Cold, having in mind that it was mentioned in this thread by Wanraya and elsewhere as well. Hadn't been in there in a couple of years. I expected to glance in and walk out.

I stayed. They were playing quite listenable rock music and the rest of it was quite OK as well. I’ll be going back and if it’s consistent I’ll add it my short list of faves.

You won’t much like it, or Nevada, Champion, or TQ2, if your idea of greatness in a go-go is Peppermint, Happy, Heavens Above, or New Living Dolls--though these do have their strong points.

But maybe you're like me and prefer rock ‘n’ roll bars with a more natural, unpolished, local feel to them, a bit dark and sleazy, preferably with motorcycle club stickers plastered here and there on the bathroom walls (and no bathroom attendant, of course). If so, stop in and check out Hot and Cold. It's on Soi Post Office near the 2nd Road intersection on the left as you go towards 2nd Road.

My First ever Beer in Thailand was in The Best Friend Bar .

Imagine the scene , back in 1988 when I was a "hansum" 23 year old.

We drank at the bar closest to the road about central , walking to the toilets, past all of the bars was unbelievable.

You felt like a rock start with all the cat calling ringing in your testosterone charged ego.

*sigh*

:o

walking to the toilets, past all of the bars was unbelievable.

You felt like a rock start with all the cat calling ringing in your testosterone charged ego.

*sigh*

:D

Reminds me of when we were having a beer in Bkk, at a small complex, corner of Asoke/Suk.

I go to the toilet, walking past the girls, who give it that "harlooo sexy man".

Then, 10 mins later, i take my 5 year old daughter to the same toilet. The "sexy man" shouts have now turned into "Ah, baybee, harlooo littlen girl". :o

"Hello sexy man"

I feel like a sex god for the first 10 minutes :o

But it soon wears off.

When visiting the same bar a number of times it amazing to find out how many girls actually work there.

I saw some really beauiful girls at the bestfriend bar but only once.

Returning the next day to find out they had been "bar fined" and never saw them again,but in their place some equally beautiful girls.

Makes you wonder how many work at these bars.

The owners must have a lot of these girls to pay for.Ok if they are bar fined the owner makes a profit.But just suppose none are barfined for a few days/week it must cost a fortune to pay all their wages......