Trat - Anything Going On There?

SDH

Trat's pretty sleepy. The seafood was pretty good at Ban Pu and it has a nice location, but it's a bit out of town. First I went to eat then I came back to stay a few days. The first day it was completely empty but then 2 days later it was packed full with some tour group. I'm not finding their direct website but you can see it at http://www.sawadee.com/thai/banpuresort/pictures/

Good second hand bookshop in Trat - Tratosphere , cool name too. Other than that the only reason to linger is if you have a craving for KFC, the only western eaterie in town. You can also ride on the town's only escalator, which goes up from ground to first floor in trat Department store. No down escalator though. Pity.

So Trat just has three flights a day to/from BKK and nothing else? I would not have thought that would be economically viable.

I think it is viable in the light of the price they charge for a rather short trip.

The airport is a wall-less one - as has been said, similar to the one in Samui, and owned by Bangkok Airways - I would guess the cafeteria is outsourced, so that means no personnel costs but an income from the rent.