Husband Hangs Himself After Jealous Fight With Wife In East Pattaya

Rimmer

Husband hangs himself after jealous fight with wife in East Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A jealous husband hung himself at the back of his rented room on Saturday following a fight with his wife of 6 years. Police were called to the room located East of Pattaya in the Jomtien area and inspected the body of Khun Santi aged 29. The body was discovered by his wife, Khun Batanar aged 25 who woke late following an argument the night before with her Husband and found him hanging from guttering at the rear of their property. She revealed the pair, who have two children, were fighting because of Khun Santi’s concerns that his wife has contact with other men without his knowledge. She denied the allegations and the pair went to sleep in the early hours of the morning.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-08-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

It is tragic when anyone kills himself, but particularly at this young age. People generally do not commit suicide without previous planning and long desperate periods of pain from feeling ineffective in life and alone. It is very difficult to overcome the instinct for self preservation. For this young man the pain of death seemed less than the pain of life. The photo of his wife chatting nonchalantly on her mobile phone I believe tells it all.

It is tragic when anyone kills himself, but particularly at this young age. People generally do not commit suicide without previous planning and long desperate periods of pain from feeling ineffective in life and alone. It is very difficult to overcome the instinct for self preservation. For this young man the pain of death seemed less than the pain of life. The photo of his wife chatting nonchalantly on her mobile phone I believe tells it all.

Good post, apart from the last sentence!

I don't see how you can tell that she was 'nonchalant' from a still photograph. She may well have been really upset.

Tragic indeed when someone ends their life like that.

Good post, apart from the last sentence!

I don't see how you can tell that she was 'nonchalant' from a still photograph. She may well have been really upset.

Tragic indeed when someone ends their life like that.

I can only base my reading of her state of mind based on my state of mind when those I have loved have died; two by suicide. I cried. I don't see that same gut-wrenching grief I experienced when hearing of the hanging of a loved one or the gun shot to the head of another. Perhaps the photo merely represents the stoicism of the Thai in most things emotional I have yet to acquire.