Posting Photos

smokie36

I just tested it with Google Chrome. Below is a screen shot showing PICT0127.jpg selected from the disk when I hit Choose File and then hit Attach This File. After hitting Attach This File, it will go back to No File Chosen. The PICT0120.JPG is just using Choose File and not yet uploaded.

post-102927-0-39225400-1314766901_thumb.

I just tested it with Google Chrome. Below is a screen shot showing PICT0127.jpg selected from the disk when I hit Choose File and then hit Attach This File. After hitting Attach This File, it will go back to No File Chosen. The PICT0120.JPG is just using Choose File and not yet uploaded.

post-102927-0-39225400-1314766901_thumb.

Exactly. My pic started uploading then disappeared in the same way.

A change I noticed recently was;

When I am posting an image, I no longer see the "placement" code in the body of my message.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweek?

It was reassuring to see this code. Now I have to do a "preview" to check the image is there first before commiting the posting.

Edited by Farang0tang

When I am posting an image, I no longer see the "placement" code in the body of my message.

If you look at the screen shot from OccamsRazor above, the right side of the screen click on Add To Post. This will put the attachment code wherever your cursor is.

If you look at the screen shot from OccamsRazor above, the right side of the screen click on Add To Post. This will put the attachment code wherever your cursor is.

"Add to Post" - Yes, that is the procedure which I follow (is there another way?),

but I no longer see any of the "placement" code in my text editor area. I was thinking (perhaps wrongly) that there was maybe a "show code" setting or something that needed switched on in my preferences?????

Edited by Farang0tang

Also, if somebody can give me a quick idiots guide on how to post the image across the page (and not as a thumbnail) would be appreciated.

If you are using attachments such as from your local drive and as per this topic, the board software will automatically produce a thumbnail and you have no control over it. However, if you use an off site image, go to a site you wish to use an image from, right click on it and select Copy Image Location (the term varies between browser). Then click on the insert image icon above and paste the URL of the image in it. Below are examples of an attachment (screen shot) and the 2nd of an off site image which will be full sized, not thumbnailed.

post-566-0-15567200-1314769841_thumb.jpg

test.jpg

No probs but following on from what tywais has said when I do this no image appears by the cursor....and the message still reads no file selected.

When you select Choose File and pick an image from your hard drive you should see (in Chrome anyway) in the bottom status bar a message saying uploading. When it is done but before you hit Attach This File, you should see the file name right next to the Choose File button. Shown in arrow 2 of the screen shot from OccamsRazor.

Perhaps screen shot of what you are seeing.

Here it is...

Guess you used another browser to post the screen shot attachment?

After you clicked on Choose File and waited for the image to upload did the filename ever show to the right side of the Choose File button. If not, than the upload is failing for some reason. Try a small file, such as 100x100 or 200x200 and see if there is a possible data transfer issue in Chrome with large files.

I managed to post from a file, but can't post links from flickr using the URL (Not allowed on this board)?

Some photo sites do not allow embedded linking for copyright reasons. Not sure if flickr has a blanket stop on it or it is up to the individual members to allow or not.

6082296642_01c023a2dd_m.jpg

Ok, just tested it and no problem. But this is the thumbnail version which has an image url, the full size is under lightbox and can't post it.

The image URL has to have an image extension such as .jpg, etc.