Taxes On Nor Sor 3 And Chanot Land

I think you will find that there is a local annual property tax levied, but it is so small that most municipalities don't bother to send a bill. However, it is still the land owners responsibility to pay the tax.

You are correct. We recently went to the local government building to pay the annual taxes and penalties for not paying these taxes. The land is unoccupied and when asked my wife said we grow coconuts on the land. Therefore our tax was based upon it being agricultural. The taxes and fees added up to 23 baht. She bought the 2.6 rai of beach front land in 2007.

I think you will find that there is a local annual property tax levied, but it is so small that most municipalities don't bother to send a bill. However, it is still the land owners responsibility to pay the tax.

You are correct. We recently went to the local government building to pay the annual taxes and penalties for not paying these taxes. The land is unoccupied and when asked my wife said we grow coconuts on the land. Therefore our tax was based upon it being agricultural. The taxes and fees added up to 23 baht. She bought the 2.6 rai of beach front land in 2007.

And it is supposed to be paid in February each year. There is, however, no penalty for late payment.

In some small towns the annual land tax bill is mailed via registered mail once a year. It is possible to go and pay up to four years in advance at the local government office, which is NOT the land office. Land zoned as farm land is less than residential land in an Amphur. The bill and receipt are in Thai, but the amount is clear and very modest.

It is possible to go and pay up to four years in advance at the local government office, which is NOT the land office.

I had read on this forum that it was possible to pay in advance so I asked my wife to do this. Unfortunately our local government office didn't allow her to pay in advance. They did make a copy of the Chanote which we gave to my wife's cousin. My wife's cousin will pay the tax on our behalf each year using that copy.

It is possible to go and pay up to four years in advance at the local government office, which is NOT the land office.

I had read on this forum that it was possible to pay in advance so I asked my wife to do this. Unfortunately our local government office didn't allow her to pay in advance. They did make a copy of the Chanote which we gave to my wife's cousin. My wife's cousin will pay the tax on our behalf each year using that copy.

Or he may use it to take out a loan for himself.

Or he may use it to take out a loan for himself.

She (the cousin is a female) can't take out a loan on a photocopy. The Chanote copy that I referred to is a photocopy for her to use to identify the property she is paying the taxes for on our behalf.