Safety Pin

tuky

Does anyone know why, other than because "Thailand believe" that Thai ladies when pregnant secure a safety pin on the front of their shirts/dresses?

My wife says Thailand believes it is good luck, but where does it come from? how can it be good luck?

Any thoughts?

Im not sure na(never heard that myth)..but Thai myth sometime its a trick.

IMO, it maybe ...when pregnant , breast will be enlargement and get bigger and feel uncomy with bra..(better no-bra) and use the safety pin makes shirt/dress cover breast well

i just guess :o

Edited by BambinA

Another month or two and she will be needing more than a safety pin, i will be ordering her knickers from cameron balloons, fortunately they are based in Bristol so the transport costs wont be too much :o

Edited by daleyboy

"Thailand believe" for Thai ladies when pregnant

- Do drink coconut juice

(some research found that , in coconut juice has phyto-hormone as Cytokinin (same group that we found in human "Oxytocin" hormaone, that make contraction with uterus)

Bambi

I've heard two weird thai myths

1. a young single woman should not sing in the kitchen or else she will have an old husband :o (heaven forbid...)

2. a pregnant woman should not sit on the stairs (I never found out the reason for this one?)

I love these myths. My wife is Singaporean (Chinese) and one of their traditions is not to bathe for a month after giving birth. Something to do with the pores being open and you are suseptible (sp??) to bugs.

Ive told her ill be moving out or hosing her down in the back yard once the babbler is born!

As for Coconut Juice, our doc at Bumrungrad told her indoors to stay well away from it during pregnance. Cant remember the reason though.

1. a young single woman should not sing in the kitchen or else she will have an old husband  :o (heaven forbid...)

I am not superstitious at all but;

My wife did believe and always did choose the last thing that was left behind such as the last candy in the box or the last cigarette in the packet, and to my amazement THINGS DID COME TRUE.

She got herself a "handsome husband"!!!! :D

Never heard about that safety pin thing,

but Mia avoids coconutmilk during her menstruation, she say's her period will last longer when she erroneous is drinking some.

Sitting on stairs or a doorstep includes block up the way for others...

Not to bathe after giving birth for some time protects you from waterborne infections and it is also less confusing for the baby.

Patex