Super Cheap

PatongPete

There have been opening quite a few small, 7/11 like, shops in the area. My wife calls them 'small supercheap', so maybe your source means these. Very small though, and IMO in no way comparable to the real deal.

Crap, just a new 7/11 <_<

Lot more stock variety than a 7/11, but very limited compared with any decent minimart. Prices are cheaper than 7/11 and I sometimes use the one in Karon (Patak Rd) but the aisles are far too narrow for 2 people to pass and these shops are very busy with locals.

Yeah its OK, standard fare really but good fruit selection - down side is that obviously its right next door to a 7/ 11 and the traffic/ parking immediately outside as always causes a nightmare...... apart from that its a locla supermarket with not bad selection of food and drinks. Standard really.

Sorry forgot to confirm that the new large Supercheap (same as Phuket Town) is due to be built on the land just before the Tiger Mauy Thai turning on the left as you head towards Phuket Town.. its a friends landlord who owned/ sold the land.

Edited by Drag0nboy

There is also an small shop close to heroinas monument towards to Pa Khlok . Good to have alternatives. They also have Cheers! beer, which is nice.

Interesting to hear a large supercheap is coming to Chalong if Drag0nboy is correct.

Got told about it late last year when chatting to my friends landlady - it is coming as I had heard the usual gossip then had it "confirmed" by the landlady and three other sources - wait and see ... could be on the same timescales as Chalong Pier road!!

The new large supercheap will be built 500m from the one they have now, on the small road. No luck for the south.

Funny how we southerners ( south of Ha Yek) look at things.. I visited the not so new Super cheap etc. BTW, tis north of Ha Yek..

Now, tis this a joke, good thing they don;t put the Super cheap logo very large. In fact I was in there before and found it nothing special. OK

Comming N from Rawai etc. just shop at Tesco Rawai. If you are comming sought up to you as to a fast shop etc. Go north to Big C or south past Ha Yek! OK!

At best it's about 1/3 the size of Lotus Rawai and remember ther is nothing about for additional service.

OH! If you are driving a car for get about it. Is the Motor Bike Mafia... No control at all discusting.. Terrable At least you don;'t get you clots dirty in the shop as with the Phuket City super store./..

me, I really don't care as to S.C. at the end of the month... mai pen rai.....

I have found the Super Cheap Local stores to be little better than the average Thai Mom and Pop Store. They just don't have the variety and volume, and none of the foreigner food selections ( like whole bean coffee ) that makes the original a shopping destination for me.