Place To Stay

diana

There are a few hotels along the river in Bangkok but they all tend to be 5 star jobs. there is one place I have seen from the rivere taxi but cannot remember the name...great help huh.....it is a small hotel come guethouse and it is called something like World Residence or whatever. But someone needs to confirm this. I am not sure.

Another place which is in a great location right next to Khao San Road in Banglampoo (the backpackers area) is the Viengtai Hotel. It is on Soi Rambutri only 100 metrers from Khao San road. You can walk down to the river in 5 minutes. the area has loads of shopping and cafes, restaurants, bars and travel shops. You could book for one night ( via internet, they have website) and then go walking the next day to find a cheap guesthouse......there are some really nice new places - more like mini hotels - with air con rooms etc down behind the Wat at the river end of Khao San Road. it depends on your style of travel. The Viengtai is adequate, clean rooms, pool, restaurant, cafes, massage shops, tailor shop etc. You can walk to The grande Palace, Wat Pho, National Museum and the Art Gallery from here. Just get a map and be a little adventurous. It is a great area with lots of different people.

:o thanks for all the help. now, my concern is where i stay when arriving in BKK. i will arrive at 5 past midnight. i would like to stay somewhere near the river (where it's cooler). is there such a place? diana

Well, judging by your name, I am gonna assume you are a female. My condo is right on the river and I would let you stay with me but I dont think my wife would approve. Sorry :-)))))))

:o Hi Diana i dont know what your budget is but the Oriental(charoen krung road)is a great place to stay.Really great views of the river.Where ever you stay in BKK make sure you take a visit to WAT ARUN just before sunset . :D