Snooker Halls In Cm

muchogra

Sometimes when I'm by myself I enjoy going to a snooker hall in the evening and shoot some games with the markees. Are there good snooker halls in CM with markees who play with customers? I will be up there next week for a few days and want to kill some time in the evenings.

There is a big snooker hall with markees that I went to some years ago. I can't recall exactly but someone else might know where I mean. It's next to a condominium off (behind) Changklan Road the post office side, that all I can recall I'm afraid......help!

There is a big snooker hall with markees that I went to some years ago. I can't recall exactly but someone else might know where I mean. It's next to a condominium off (behind) Changklan Road the post office side, that all I can recall I'm afraid......help!

Its called Caesars and its at the side of Chang Klan residence. I used to live in chang klan residence and go in alot even just for a beer. a good place and some decent people go in there.

Its called Caesars and its at the side of Chang Klan residence. I used to live in chang klan residence and go in alot even just for a beer. a good place and some decent people go in there.

Thank you TM, you're OK too. laugh.gif

Yes, that's the place quite big with smoking and non smoking rooms, but all that might have changed to NS now.

Cute markees, not overly pushy.....but put me right off my game. The adrenalin rush made me go from Eddie Charlton to Hurricane Higgins in no time!

I'd have a game with you but ever since I've had varifocal lens, I just can't seem to find the hole. wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

Thanks guys for all the good input.

Uptheos, seems like you're the man to ask for anything CM...ish.

Re: " I'd have a game with you but ever since I've had varifocal lens, I just can't seem to find the hole."

May I suggest using your nose to find the right hole?:rolleyes:

thaimiller, playing snooker without beer degrades my game skill.;)

dave2, just like some poster had once said, if dave2 doesn't have a picture of a place, that place doesn't exist.

transam, do you play snooker as fast as you drive?... Hey, great hospitality on your part. Appreciate it.

Now, since I'm not too familiar with most of the "landmarks" in CM, could someone please tell me which intersection Caesars is near? While I'm asking, could someone also tell me where this Smith or something restaurant NancyL once mentioned as to what intersection that is near? Thank you.

Not sure on the Smiths Restaurant but directions to Caesars are as follows: Go up Chang Klan road away from the night bizarre road traffic lights (Pantip plaza). After around 750 meters you will see the Shangri la hotel on your left followed by the big Kasikorn Bank, keep going on the road and after another 250 meters you will see an old small shopping center set back with a large open area in front of it (sometimes this has food shops on it) opposite this is a Photograph shop (Fuji I Think), turn right on the little road there, after 20 meters turn left down an even smaller road and Caesars is there on your right and the car park is on your left. if you get to the main traffic lights you have gone too far but don't panic, turn right at the traffic lights and after 150 meters there is a very tight right hand turn, go down this small road and Caesars is on your left with the carpark on your right.

While I'm asking, could someone also tell me where this Smith or something restaurant NancyL once mentioned as to what intersection that is near? Thank you.

Head down Changklan Road again, go past Chiang Mai Land on your right. Keep going straight a few hundred metres and you will see a tall sign on your left saying Smith. You can't really miss it, the sign is quite high and big.

re .. could someone also tell me where this Smith or something restaurant NancyL once mentioned ... yes ... see pic

re .. Head down Changklan Road again, go past Chiang Mai Land on your right. Keep going straight a few hundred metres and you will see a tall sign on your left saying Smith.

You can't really miss it, the sign is quite high and big.

it is ... look for this sign and youve found it

enjoy ... dave2

post-42592-0-64630900-1314984142_thumb.j

Yes, I'm an idiot, but what is a markee?

Incorrect spelling- "Being an athlete of exceptional skill and popularity: The team is hoping to sign a marquee player."

There are also many snooker/pool tables in Chiang Mai bowl on the moat opposite computer plaza.

they are so many snooker halls in chiang mai to chose from.you just have to ask a few thais who play the game in cm to point you in the right direction

I did ask some Thais. A few months ago (I was quite new to CM then), I took a stroll and completed walking the entire perimeter of the old city. I asked a guard in front of an Inn near the NW corner of the moat where I could play some snooker. He pointed me to north of the moat on Chang Puak Road and advised me to take the scenic route (presumably some bars or entertainment places). I headed down following the direction he gave. I ended up in a soi and confronted by a gang of 7-8 dogs. I stopped on my track and started whistling to them. That quieted them down. Then came another gang of 4 dogs rushing toward me from a few houses down. I whistled again and started yelling: bi gai gai (go far away). That stopped their approach and I backed out slowly out of the soi. So, I never found that so-called scenic route.

Back on the main road, I asked some ladies who were closing the store where I could find a snooker hall. They pointed me to a place west of the moat behind a PTT station. So I went. This is the place anxelpixel refers to - Godzilla. The place wasn't too bad though they did have ripped carpet. The people there treated me nice. They even arranged a markee who was getting off her shift to play with me. I played for about 3 hours and had 5 big bottles of Singha. The bill came out lower than I had expected. I asked the markee why so low. She said it's only B60 an hour and told me that many puuyai play at another place - a place I have since forgotten where.

Now I wonder if she called me a puuyai because of my age or the way I dressed and conducted myself. In any event, I am certainly glad that I stopped after my fifth large bottle of Sing or I might have just lost in their eyes my puuyai status. :lol:

As to the word "markee", I thought it came from an English word. The Thais pronounce it as

"mark gee" - someone who set up the game and keeps marks (scores) for you during the game.

Some of them keep your pulse rate up too! wink.gif

Whoever said Thai's can't add without a calculator should go to one of these places.