Electric Meter

jonnyscot

Hi, the wife shall be going to the Elec, Dept shortly to request they run electricity to the land where we shall be putting up a single storey house of 3 bedroom with 2 AC units and roof fans, normal Euro Spec Kitchen appliances etc,, any advice appreciated on whether she should be requesting a particular type or size of Elec meter since electricity is not my strong point.

thanks

Ok, so I need a meter with a capacity of 15/45A or better,, ok, being honest this doesn't mean much to me, but i'm sure the elec shop will know about that,,,, hopefully,,,, :rolleyes: ,

Thanks Electau

You will require the max demand in amps. the minimum metering capacity should be 15/45A . The consumers mains should be a minimum of 10sqmm.

PEA will only provide a temporary supply until the house is built unless there is already a structure which has a proper address on the site. Temporary power is charged at a higher rate.

15/45 is the smallest you should ask for to supply a modest farang style home, but as Electau notes before requesting your permanent supply you should do an approximate maximum-demand calculation.

Hi Crossey,, thanks for the info, will do as you suggest and do calculation based on max usage, i'm currently offshore now and the wife's getting that end sorted, but I want to make the electric company clear on our requirements, but I suppose it will be a couple weeks before they install the meter since they are only doing a site visit today to determine the nearest power line, i'll be home before then, i'm hoping they have no issues about crossing over a canal at the bottom of our road to the site, otherwise we have a 300mtr + route from the other power line.

Thanks again.

Erm,,,, just had word back from the wife,, the electric guys came out to inspect the area and apparently they have issue with running the cable across the canal,,, so I guess 300 to 350 meters to next closest line and they told the wife it would be approx 100k,,, is that the going rate for running poles and cable that distance?? or do we have other options??

thanks

Hi Crossey,, thanks for the info, will do as you suggest and do calculation based on max usage, i'm currently offshore now and the wife's getting that end sorted, but I want to make the electric company clear on our requirements, but I suppose it will be a couple weeks before they install the meter since they are only doing a site visit today to determine the nearest power line, i'll be home before then, i'm hoping they have no issues about crossing over a canal at the bottom of our road to the site, otherwise we have a 300mtr + route from the other power line.

Thanks again.