Sand , Gravel, Cement Prices

silentnine

Hi all.. need to lay some concrete, quite a bit really over a few weeks for soem pathways and support for some metal pillars. can nayone tell me the going rate for sand, gravel/stones(for concrete) and cement please.. my wife wishs to order it from the small local merchant who i think costs little more .. but how much more i do not know. also they seem to order the same sand be it for concrete or cement .. i was sure it was meant ot be a very coarse grade for concrete.

No idea where you are:

Sand 450/m3

Aggregate (1cm) 750/m3

Cement 150 THB per 50 Kg Bag

Your cement is expensive . I do not know what area you are in but normal cement is around 110 baht a bag ( the green croc stuff ) . The rest i cannot judge since i forgotten the prices of these , but the price of that is not relevant ( as , i know it is somewhere around that area , and a couple of M3 of sand and/or aggregate are not going to make the difference ) .

Sand 450/m3

Aggregate (1cm) 750/m3

Your cement is expensive . I do not know what area you are in but normal cement is around 110 baht a bag ( the green croc stuff ) . The rest i cannot judge since i forgotten the prices of these , but the price of that is not relevant ( as , i know it is somewhere around that area , and a couple of M3 of sand and/or aggregate are not going to make the difference ) .

Phuket Prices - Cement quoted is Eagle Green (นกอินทรีย์ สีเขียว), which is good for structures - price per bag from a regular Builders Merchant .

Sand 450/m3

Aggregate (1cm) 750/m3

Phuket Prices - Cement quoted is Eagle Green (นกอินทรีย์ สีเขียว), which is good for structures - price per bag from a regular Builders Merchant .

That must be the reason , Phuket prices . Island prices are more expensive as mainland , especially further north or northeast . I know the brand you are speaking of but the color mostly says it all , it's green , good for structural , so i guess it is the same , only different brand . Green is the most common used and is good for just about anything .