‘pattaya Post’ Editor Found Shot In Head

TAWP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that Pattaya Falangs are a little touchy . This stuff goes on all over Thailand, no difference down where you are.

Who cares if one guy says you have the ugliest girls and the oldest and most obese Falangs in the whole country ???? :o

Chris

Thanks for a sensible post Chris,

Not really touchy. Just trying to set the record straight by educating these illiterate d1kk heads that come to Pattaya for a weekend ,shag themselves silly

, never get out of soi 6 and then consider themselves an expert in all matters relating to Pattaya.

Ive lived in Pattaya for a long time and have met many, many good people. Both residents and visitors.

Hypocrites that come here for a short visit,pertake in the activerties available,and then label the place a sewar ,just make me laugh.

There's nothing in Pattaya that you can't find in almost any city in Europe or North America.

Vancouver (British Columbia, Canada), is often rated as one of the better cities to live in, yet there are places downtown that you don't want to walk alone in, even in the daytime. Murders aren't too frequent, but muggings, prostitution, drug abuse, suicides and the like are quite common in those areas.

Same goes for most other places. The difference is, the news in Pattaya is fairly limited, and (except for the TV news) usually comes out once a week. Not too many Human Interest stories to dilute the tragedies that do occur. Even with the TV news, much of it comes directly out of the newspapers (and visa-versa).

It is pretty much an established fact in the media world, "if it bleeds, it leads". In other words, stories of death (murder/suicide/accidents) tend to be the more prominent stories. Why ?

Ratings show that such stories garner more attention than touchy-feely stories like cats being rescued from trees. People like to hear about bad things that happen to other people, all the while hoping it won't happen to them.

As a result, the news in (about) Pattaya may seem misleading, as it concentrates on (primarily) the bad news.

As Dave mentioned, he's been here 4 years or so with no problem. I've been coming to Pattaya since '93. Never had a problem, even staggering home at 3:30 in the morning, piss-drunk and lost. Over the past couple of years that we've been working in Afghanistan, dozens of my co-workers have visited LOS, some repeatedly, and none of them have encountered any problems other than the usual broken hearts and depression that sets in when they have to return to work.

Yes, there is crime and corruption in Pattaya, there is no hiding that fact. Yes, there are senior citizens wandering down the street with 19 year old girls hanging on their arms. Yes, there are still pot-holes and torn-up sidewalks all around.

With all that and more, I would still prefer to live in Pattaya than pretty much anywhere else in the world.

(oh yeah, disgusted at seeing young girls hanging on to much older men ? Try to remember, it is the GIRLS choice to do so. If she doesn't like the guy, there is nothing stopping her from not going with him. I've seen girls turn down guys they didn't like for various reasons. Nobody is forcing them, at least not the ones on the streets or in the bars. Not sure about the massage parlours)

Very nicely put by both COBBER and Kerryd. :o

It often makes me wonder why the 'Holier than thou' brigade appear to know so much (or should that be so little?) about a place they for some reason appear to despise.

Too many ladies protesting too much, methinks... :D

Edited by Noel

Police aim on gambling and secret lover.

On November 5, 2005 police had investigated on the case of murder pattaya journalist Khun Santi Lammaneenin. Police had called in 2 waitress from Star dice Pub to get some more clue on this case. They found out that on October 31, 2005 at 1.00 a.m before khun Santi disappeared witness confirmed his present on that night, he was with 3 ladies and 1 man having a drink then no one seen him again since. Police officers had set up an investigation on 3 clues but concentrate more on gambling and secret lover. Police found out that he had involved with a young lady and also has a problem with gambling which he has more than million baht debt. Police officer are working very hard on this case to find murder to put in jail.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 7th November 2005

It often makes me wonder why the 'Holier than thou' brigade appear to know so much (or should that be so little?) about a place they for some reason appear to despise.

And I'll bet none of these guys married a girl who worked in a bar........

:D:D:D

And I'll bet none of these guys married a girl who worked in a bar........

:D:D:D

QED!

The 'wisdom' of the response says it all... :D