Experts Advice Needed Please

sawasdee cap all,

firstlly i have done a lot of reading about trying to get my lady a visa for the uk on this site, this is an excelent site with some great guys giving advice. i am still very confused as to my position and would be very grateful for some good advice or tips.

ill explain my position to you.i have been in contact with my lady now for 15 months but it was mainlly through an internet site and through email and phone calls.i visited her in september this year and i took her and her family on holiday, we ended up getting engaged. now i plan to return to thailand in january and will stay for 90 days, i would like to get my lady a visa so she can come to england for a holiday.

my lady is a good hard working girl and has a job as a hotel receptionist and lives at home with her family in udon thani.

i am very confused about a lot of issues, maybe at the moment i have got no chance of getting her i visa im not sure ? but i want to try.so .i would like to know exactlly which would be the best type of visa to apply for? id like to know what documents i should bring with me from the uk? and i would like to know what documents she should bring with her from udon thani to bangkok?

i have read that i need to proove that i have been with her for 2 years , is this true?

i have many probelms, when i visit her in january she is thinking of finishing her job so we can go on holiday together , but am i right in saying that when we apply for a visa that she needs to proove that she has a job? if so then obviouslly it would be bad for us if she was to finish work.so what can i do, just hang around udon thani and wait for her to finish work every day.

i just dont understand the system because if she was to come to uk for a holiday then she will definetlly loose her job anyway.

should i just try to get her a 2 week visa or 3 month visa or go for the 6 months, because any visa will do.

if i apply and she is turned down , i dont want to give up hope, so would i be better to leave the application for another year or so? or would i have a better chance of her getting a visa if we were married? i will have problems prooving how long i have known her for but we have kept the reciept for the engagement rings that we bought in udon thani and we have the holiday photos and a reciept for them , also i have the photos on my didital camera which have dates on them , is it a good idea to keep information like this?

lads i am sorry to ask so much from you but i really would appreciate some good advice because i am serious about this girl and i want to make sure that i get things right.

oh ill just tell you that , i can show my bank statements with about £ 20,000 and i have my own place in the uk which has 10 years left to pay on the mortgage, and i can show that i have a regular income ( i am self employed), i can also get sponsors ( my sisters)

i will say thanks , for reading my post and thanks to anyone who can give me some good advice and point me in the right direction

ps. i have emailed the british embassy in bangkok but i didnt get any help from them at all. and can i just say that i think it is a disgrace the way they make it so hard for us brits just to bring our girlfriends to uk for a holiday, when half of eastern europe just walks into the uk with no problem at all , and lots of the east european girls are on the game, but just because a girl is from thailand they make it really hard for her.

anyway thanks all

john

Hi John,

The rules and regulations vary depending upon which type of visa your fiancée applies for. Currently, you don't appear to know yourself, so have a think about whether you'd be looking for her to either come and visit, or settle in the UK. Once you've identified the purpose of her visa application, the appropriate course can then be advised.

Cheers,

Scouse.

john - to follow on from scouse - if youve not already been, take a read of the info on the uk visa website.

everything to help you decide what visa and how to go about making the application.

i followed the instructions on this site and had no problems at all to make the settlement visa - at the time i didnt know that TVisa existed.

all the best

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

Edited by rio666uk

hey lads thanks for the replys,

well i definitely just want her to apply for a visitors visa, she only wants to come for a holiday to visit england to see if she likes it and then she wants to go back to thailand.i have had a good read on the uk visas website but still it doesnt really give out the exact information that i need to learn.i did try to download the application form but i didnt suceed, i dont know why.

i am looking for advice and guidance as to what documents we will both need to apply for a tourist visitors visa. the poor girl is so upset because her friends have told her that she has just about no chance of getting a visa, surely this cant be true.

thanks again for any help from the boys. good luck all.