Ay Folks Like Jug Bands?

DocW

Hi. Well I'm a 50 year old Canuk that likes playing bluegrass and having fun.

I mainly play rhythm guitar and lead vocals however I also play stand up gut bucket wash tub bass and harmonica. (Oh yeah and washboard, spoons, comb, beer bottles etc) haha.

I'm into bands like Seldom Scene, New-grass revival, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Doc Watson, Nitty gritty Dirt Band etc. etc. We don't necessarily need to play Bluegrass all the time as I'm into many types of music too.

I'm looking for folk who want to get together once in awhile and jam at your place, my place, the park etc. I like folk who like to get outside and have a few frosties and just have fun. I don't care if you blow into a jug, play a comb, tap on a cooler or just enjoy singing and harmonies.

I am not looking for serious people who want to criticize every mistake we make or get too involved in what we SHOULD be doing. I am also NOT looking for non-sociable types because I am very SOCIABLE !!!

I would like to keep this acoustic and would like to meet people who can play: Pickers would be number 1 but, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Harp, Washboard, Jugs etc.

Who knows what will happen. Maybe we will get good enough and fun enough to play at festivals like the Country Festival in Sara buri, Pattaya Bike Week, Pattaya Music Festival etc. I am quite connected here if it ever did lead to that but for now let's just jam, make some noise, drink a few wobbly pops and enjoy.

Either leave a post or send me a private message folks.

As a wise old Canadian Hillbilly once said: SOCIABLE !!!!!!!!!post-133185-0-06977700-1314973135_thumb.

Well - best of luck with that, my friend! :)

Sounds like a real good idea - and I hope you get some positive replies. Pity you're not up north, in my area - we could do with a guy like you.

Ain't no western musicians in this area - and come to think of it there ain't hardly no farangs, either! :blink:

Good luck

I believe there is a jam every Sunday night at the Green Tree restaurant on the corner of Soi 1 and Beach Road. Starts around 7PM or so? Lots of good musicians stop by. It's a charity event.

Maybe Raro can jump in here with some help...

http://www.pattayagreentree.net/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=538754238

I think you already know all the acoustic musicians and banjo pickers in town :whistling:

I did know a couple but over the past couple of years my mobile numbers, phones etc have changed so I lost all the numbers and contacts for them. lol Maybe they could send them in a private message here if they are still around? lol

But I am really looking for a kind of an open style jam with a few good ole hillbillies to enjoy some XXX Jug type jamming.

Yes I know about the green tree jam as I googled it and will be there this sunday I think.