Us Military Retired **mypay**

I'm sure most computer savy retired US Military are aware of myPay.

https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx

myPay, the Department of Defence's program for allowing it's employees to manage their pay.

One option allows you to select your direct deposit. You can send your retirement paycheck to the bank of your choice without ever visiting a bank.

All myPay requires is:

1. Financial Institution Routing Transit Number

2. Account Number

3. Account Type: Savings or Checking

I emailed Bangkok Bank New York and told them about myPay. I said, "I am considering doing this to have my paycheck automatically go to my Bangkok Bank account every month automatically. If I do this, do you forsee any problems? I am aware of the service charge applied by the Bangkok Bank Ney York office to transfer the money to my account in Thailand."

They replied, " As long as you give the correct account name and account number in

Thailand to the remitter, there should be no problem as they can wire transfer

funds through our Fed routing no. 026008691 and we will pass it to our

Bangkok office who will further credit your account. However, kindly check

with DOD whether there is any restriction on this money., i.e, in case of

the death of beneficiary, will the funds be continued after your decease.

If there is, you may need to inform our local branch that you will expect

the funds from DOD so they may advise you to open a suitable account for

that. Regards. Sirivan"

Has any retired military in Thailand set up their myPay to be deposited here in Thailand. I am considering doing this but don't have enough funds in reserve yet in case it dosen't work.

post-19457-1130985090_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm retired US Mil but I don't send $ to Thai bank.

I never bank where I live or in the US. Saves a lot of hassle.

BTW, I'm going through the retiree visa thing now. You need EITHER 800,000 B in the bank or equivalent income. In fact you don't need ANY income, just a affidavit from the US consulate that says you have such an income. The consulate and the Thai immigration didn't even want to see my RAS from DFAS.

Hi,

I'm retired US Mil but I don't send $ to Thai bank.

I never bank where I live or in the US.  Saves a lot of hassle.

BTW, I'm going through the retiree visa thing now.  You need EITHER 800,000 B in the bank or equivalent income.  In fact you don't need ANY income, just a affidavit from the US consulate that says you have such an income.  The consulate and the Thai immigration didn't even want to see my RAS from DFAS.

I still have 10 years to go before I am eligible for a retirement visa. I am still only 40.

Right now I am living here with my Non Imm-O visa for dependency support. I'm still not sure the benefit of a retirement visa over a depency visa. They seem the same to me.

I do have $1,000 of my monthly pension transfered via BOAs transfer option. The rest if via ATM card and another $8 in fees. It's still less than $20/month but I would like it to be even less.