Is Big Thai Brother Watching?

SCARLETIBIS1

TV servers aren't based in Thailand and neither is the admin.

I'm fully aware of that. And of course that was why I wrote if admin were to hand over the logs.

But if some Thai government body suggested that admin hand over the logs instead of having the entire site put on a permanent ban in Thailand, admin might be tempted to comply.

It would not be difficult for all traffic passing through the Thai ISPs servers destined for TV server (in Singapore?) to be captured. if posting from inside Thailand a postor's IP address is easily captured and since TV doesn't require an encrypted connection the text of posts would be readable. On the otherhand Thaksin is pretty tight with the Singaporeans so he may already be capturing all traffic at the server then it doesn't matter what country you're in.

Just sayin.

Dude.. all they need to do is ask. It's a forum so no need to 'capture' anything, it's all right here available, as far back as 2003 or whenever the forum was started. If anyone finds issue with anything, all they need to do is ask Thaivisa for the IP, which they will make available right away, and then they can get the person's identity from the internet provider, who are required by law to keep these records just for this purpose.

Of course there are things you can do to make that a lot more difficult. I am relatively fortunate in that my opinions are middle-of-the-road-enough to not get into serious trouble. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude.. all they need to do is ask. It's a forum so no need to 'capture' anything, it's all right here available, as far back as 2003 or whenever the forum was started.

I think the point was that the Thai government could monitor all traffic from Thai IP addresses to the Thaivisa server on a permanent basis. And if they did so they wouldnt need to ask admin about the IP logs relating to posts made from within Thailand.

And of course that is true and possible.

Though given the highly erratic nature of Thai internet connections I have my doubts about how well such monitoring would work in practice.

I highly doubt it. But if they were and if they did ask the site owner for info I'm sure they could expect 110% cooperation, any and everything that could be reviled would be, swiftly. This site is a very profitable business venture that needs to be online to operate.