A Good Jeweler In Bangkok

waters

Hi All,

My fiancé and I are looking for a good jeweler in Bangkok. We have an old family ring, gold with a ruby that we'd like to have re-made into a smaller band with a ruby and perhaps diamond inset. We know absolutely nothing about jewelry - and only what we've read about gold (Baht value etc) here in Thailand.

Any suggestions? The ring means a lot to us - and we're a little nervous about having this done here.

Thanks,

Waters

Edited by waters

There is a goog jewller, repairs and reconstruction at MBK centre. He is near the entrance to car park on level 3 near tokyu department store.

I have used him numerous times and always found the work and price very good.

How can a ring mean a lot to you....its a thing.!!! Get a life for Gods sake.. sing sing and show your ring... and I bet you will find out its a spinal...... just because its Red does not mean its sapphire... spinal looks just the same as red corundum...(ruby) And a jewler would not be able to tell unless he is a gemologyst.. Only very recently it was discovered that the Black Princes ruby in the British Queens crown, is in fact a spinal. not worth a ha,pence , but a very nice stone.... Buy your chick a new ring ..

How can a ring mean a lot to you....its a thing.!!! Get a life for Gods sake.. sing sing and show your ring... and I bet you will find out its a spinal...... just because its Red does not mean its sapphire... spinal looks just the same as red corundum...(ruby) And a jewler would not be able to tell unless he is a gemologyst.. Only very recently it was discovered that the Black Princes ruby in the British Queens crown, is in fact a spinal. not worth a ha,pence , but a very nice stone.... Buy your chick a new ring ..

Well - it was given to us by my mother, and it was actually my father's ring - who has since passed away. He would have wanted us to wear it on our wedding day. But then maybe you're struggling to understand the sentiment, and feeling - given the psychopathic nature of your reply.

You could try speaking with Scott Davies at American-Thai in the jewelry tower in Silom near the Holiday Inn Hotel. His shop is on the ground floor and if he can't help he may be able to recommend others who could help. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

You could try speaking with Scott Davies at American-Thai in the jewelry tower in Silom near the Holiday Inn Hotel. His shop is on the ground floor and if he can't help he may be able to recommend others who could help. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

I'd like to recommend Yves Joaillier in Charn Issara Tower 1 on Rama 4 road. My family has been using him for over 20 years.

http://yvesjoaillier.com/

Yves Joaillier Charn Issara Tower, 3rd Floor (Corner of Rama IV and Suriwong Road), Bangkok Thailand

Telephone: 02 234 81 22 or 02 233 32 92

Open Monday to Saturday 11AM to 5PM

Yves is usually at the shop on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Removed email as per forum rules.

Well - it was given to us by my mother, and it was actually my father's ring - who has since passed away. He would have wanted us to wear it on our wedding day. But then maybe you're struggling to understand the sentiment, and feeling - given the psychopathic nature of your reply.

Inane comments like the one "How can a ring mean a lot to you" are why Thaivisa is considered by some as the Fools Forum which is a shame because there are many many decent people offering very good advice and help. As me old granny used to say what can you expect from a pig only a grunt!