Water Tank Filling

tropo

My taps have been dry for 3 days now.

Is there a major water shortage at the moment, there seems to be loads of water trucks whizzing round town at the moment.

Anyone got a view of the reservoir to guage if there's a problem?

There were water trucks all over Cosy Beach today. Still no mains water going into the 3rd day.

Never COULD understand there often not being any (much) tap water in many places in Pattaya - even slam bang in the middle of the rainy season. :unsure:

More strange, perhaps, is that the guys with water trucks have absolutely NO problems filling their trucks up. :ph34r:

As a side note - in the moo bahn I lived in, 3 years ago, the unit price for the brown and smelly stuff they claimed was "clean" water, suddenly rose to 38 Baht. I dread to think what the price must be, today. :bah:

Where I am, now, the tap water is a lot cleaner - and 5 baht a unit........:)

Good luck

Wow prices have gone up or you got farang pricing...over here on the Farside, the trucks charge B100 or B150 for the 1500 litre size trucks. As for municipal water, have not had any problems with supply for 3-4 years :)

It didn't matter what the prices were. If he had asked for 500 I would have paid it. It was Sunday night and I needed water and I had no one to call. The ones I did find wouldn't have come around until the next morning.

Considering that the price was good.

It's good to hear you've never had any problems in 3-4 years. This is my first problem in 6 years.

My taps have been dry for 3 days now.

Is there a major water shortage at the moment, there seems to be loads of water trucks whizzing round town at the moment.

Anyone got a view of the reservoir to guage if there's a problem?

There were water trucks all over Cosy Beach today. Still no mains water going into the 3rd day.

I also live in the cozy beach area, city water was on overnight but they turned it of @ about 8am this morning while i was out for breakfast, the maid was watering the garden for 90 minutes not realizing & emptied the tank again. There building all these new condos up here, but there is NO water to fuel the current situation, let alone more high rise condos with 100's of rooms

The local infacstructure of this area cannot cope with all these new condo developments, but the planning office keep giving planning permits, the developers are only intrested in there own greed

Edited by dickie58

Maybe people watering their gardens for 90 minutes, presumably a few times a week, is part of the problem. Why not try Googling "xeriscaping."

How about the amount of water a 20 floor condo or hotel might use, i think that is somewhat more than i wil ever use?

Edited by dickie58

I also live in the cozy beach area, city water was on overnight but they turned it of @ about 8am this morning while i was out for breakfast, the maid was watering the garden for 90 minutes not realizing & emptied the tank again. There building all these new condos up here, but there is NO water to fuel the current situation, let alone more high rise condos with 100's of rooms

The local infacstructure of this area cannot cope with all these new condo developments, but the planning office keep giving planning permits, the developers are only intrested in there own greed

We had no water coming in overnight. Our tank was almost empty and had to pay 250 again to have it filled.

What is this "current situation" you talk of. Do you have any idea of why we don't have water today? This has nothing to do with sudden condo development and the tourist numbers in the area are low right now.

We had no water coming in overnight. Our tank was almost empty and had to pay 250 again to have it filled.

What is this "current situation" you talk of. Do you have any idea of why we don't have water today? This has nothing to do with sudden condo development and the tourist numbers in the area are low right now.

I have no idea why we don't have city water today, as you say water trucks running about all over the place?

Maybe you could get your Thai mrs to phone the city water office in Naklua, & ask them why they are cutting off our water & when it will be back to normal??.. My Thai gf is working in Bkk & wont be here again until the weekend.

Edited by dickie58

Maybe you could get your Thai mrs to phone the city water office in Naklua, & ask them why they are cutting off our water & when it will be back to normal??..

I don't have a Thai mrs. They were kind enough to put my monthly water bill in my letter box yesterday though. If the water stays off it'll end up costing me about 2000 a week.

Maybe you could get your Thai mrs to phone the city water office in Naklua, & ask them why they are cutting off our water & when it will be back to normal??..

I don't have a Thai mrs. They were kind enough to put my monthly water bill in my letter box yesterday though. If the water stays off it'll end up costing me about 2000 a week.

I also got my water bill yesterday which i paid @ 7-11 this morning, i have already had 2 water trucks over the last 2 days as well, i'm sorry but i have no idea what the answer is, we & all the other residents Thai & Farang are in the same boat in this area i guess?

I was speaking to some freinds in Naklua this morning, there neighbour is the "Mayor of Pattaya", they were saying there water never gets cut of?!!