My Thai Wife'S Annoying Habits

3billygoats

I am all for our almost 12 month old baby to learn Thai when he gets older, but since we live in an english speaking counrty I see sense in screaming at him from all over the house in not the nice soft Thai that she uses when she is talking with other Thais at work or on the phone but that ear piercing version that she also uses with her mum on the phone. She can speak perfectly clear english, She says she can’t help it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

only been with mine 2 years, before that we were best friends.

one habit is she cleans to much but can't really complain about that,

the other is the crazy amount of times during the day she asks if i'm hungry, wich really means she is hungry.

Yes, mine plans what I would like for lunch the next day right after dinner that night, i am usualy so full from her cooking so much I cant even think about food, its sweet but after almost 2 years aswell I dont know when she will stop asking.

Sorry if this is another bitch and moan thread but seeing as I am here might as make an effort:

Talking while trying to watch a tv program, spending too much time talking on the phone to friends about nothing in particular, not emptying the waste basket in the toilet, blindly accepting something is wrong because a more senior person said it must be so...I could on and on.

Oops, I was talking about me...I will sit down now and shut up.

"Talking while watching tv" Oh yes, and interrupting while on the computer.

The standard answer to ANY question: "Up to you"!:annoyed:

Going off topic here - that ALWAYS annoys me when someone you have used for a while (tradesmen/taxi drivers) and therefore trust enough not to automatically ask for a price in advance, eventually say "up to you"...

As soon as that happens I have learned that they are treating me as a 'dumb farang' who is asking to be ripped-off.

Yes indeed! Nothing like a good bit of cultural stereotyping infused with chauvinism and old-age crankiness. Bring it on girls. Sorry, gotta dash, the wife's just run me a bath and has promised to scrub my back.

Ah, but will she climb in there with you and make it fun and games? :)

Nothing better than starting a romantic evening by sharing a shower or bath together.

Baths are even less common throughout most households.

Theory shot.

True, but he did say his wife was running a bath for him. The modern homes can be built with western style baths. I prefer a shower myself and like to spend a have hour there with my ladies before we return to the bedroom. I like to spend as long as I can with the process. None of this wham, bam, thank you mam stuff.

I'd rather be laying out the towel and massage oil, lighting the candles and waiting for my wife to finish showering, before I ease away the tensions of her day........if we are talking real romance Ian

The standard answer to ANY question: "Up to you"!:annoyed:

Going off topic here - that ALWAYS annoys me when someone you have used for a while (tradesmen/taxi drivers) and therefore trust enough not to automatically ask for a price in advance, eventually say "up to you"...

As soon as that happens I have learned that they are treating me as a 'dumb farang' who is asking to be ripped-off.

i just let thme know that if it was up to me, i would prefer to pay nothing.

they come up with a number pretty quick

I've lived with some real nightmares over the years so no complaints about my Thai wife. She's almost always smiling and takes good care of me. If anything she's a little too affectionate and I'd like a little more me time but if I had to design someone better to live with I don't think I could improve on who I've ended up with. I try to keep this in mind if I start to find fault with her because although I know I'm perfect she (being imperfect) may not realize this about me.

Edited by saroq

I have removed some posts that where excessively mean spirited painting all with the same brush.

You all want to have a whinge and moan, about your personal situations, fine, however, please resect Thai Visa forum rules.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Bet it's all for her Nes Pas

My wife does not have any annoying habits. She is of Chinese/Thai origin, owns gold shops, drives a Benz, has a PhD and is on the richest women in Asia list. I don't pay her she pays me, she was never a BG and goes by the name of Khun Bullshit.

Hmmmmm - reminds me of that old ditty:

" Today I met the perfect girl ,

I could not ask for more --

She's deaf and dumb and oversexed,

And, daddy owns a liquor store. "