My New White Isuzu Mu7 Choize

dagling

I don't see why someone has to justify a vehicle purchase it's his choice and money and he likes it, as for thailaw I'd say go and get stuffed.

The OP asked "Some thoughts on the new MU-7??", which I gave, honestly and objectively. Its his money and he wasted it. So it is you that should get stuffed.

Oh...do I sense another "Cruze" saga ? passifier.gif

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why someone has to justify a vehicle purchase it's his choice and money and he likes it, as for thailaw I'd say go and get stuffed.

The OP asked "Some thoughts on the new MU-7??", which I gave, honestly and objectively. Its his money and he wasted it. So it is you that should get stuffed.

Oh...do I sense another "Cruze" saga ? passifier.gif

ฺBeauty is in the eye of the beholder :huh:, how many guys have you seen with ugly ladies ?

Think most of the Moooooo 7 knocking is about being behind with their engineering, though for me it is ugly as well.

Be interested to know from our guru's if the new model has caught up with the rest, though the truck springs are still there <_<.

• 1 month later...

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5.

Have to call you on that one - the Porsche Cayenne S Turbo is the daddy of all SUV's, with the V12 and V8 Audi Q7 diesels coming in second and third. The X6M comes in fourth, the X5M next, then the garden varieties of the Cayenne, Q7, any Range Rover and the X6 all before the regular X5.

But that's only if we count SUV's readily available in Thailand.. expand the list to include American SUV's and the X5 gets pushed close to the bottom of a fairly long list ;)

X6M or X6 An SUV that can just about cross a mowed lawn, and has limited head/leg room and is inferior to the X5 in every way except polarising folk!

Edited by 2unique

Have to call you on that one - the Porsche Cayenne S Turbo is the daddy of all SUV's, with the V12 and V8 Audi Q7 diesels coming in second and third. The X6M comes in fourth, the X5M next, then the garden varieties of the Cayenne, Q7, any Range Rover and the X6 all before the regular X5.

But that's only if we count SUV's readily available in Thailand.. expand the list to include American SUV's and the X5 gets pushed close to the bottom of a fairly long list ;)

X6M or X6 An SUV that can just about cross a mowed lawn, and has limited head/leg room and is inferior to the X5 in every way except polarising folk!

...did somebody mention Q7??..my 8 years old daughter really loves it :jap:

Hehehe :D

At least the X6 draws your attention away from that ridiculously long hood and lacks the X1/X3/X5's 80's-retro hood/A pillar/roof lines ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Mr Timekeeper.The O.P. asked for opinions not recommendations.Stop trying to start a fight, and get your hair cut.You look like a Tuna Driver. :cheesy:

Sorry to go off topic but I must ask, yesterday I saw a Fortuna with 2 brake callipers on each rear wheel, is that standard?

At least the X6 draws your attention away from that ridiculously long hood and lacks the X1/X3/X5's 80's-retro hood/A pillar/roof lines ;)

Must admit when I first saw one, it was an immediate I want... Jeremy Clarkson's review killed the dream - and many others compounded. Had to evac the family, wife, kid, 2 sisters, grandparents, 3 dogs and maid from Puttamonthon so considering a MU7 in case this flood is a new annual event for the Westside!

Mr Timekeeper.The O.P. asked for opinions not recommendations.Stop trying to start a fight, and get your hair cut.You look like a Tuna Driver. :cheesy:

Sorry to go off topic but I must ask, yesterday I saw a Fortuna with 2 brake callipers on each rear wheel, is that standard?

Fortuna comes stock with rear drums, since late 2008 very effcient brakes I must ad, 100-0 kmh in 43 meters

rear discs convertions, often 2 brake calipers, one hudraulic for ordinary brake, one mechanical for P-brake

and stock rear discs other models same ;)

Fortuna comes stock with rear drums, since late 2008 very effcient brakes I must ad, 100-0 kmh in 43 meters

rear discs convertions, often 2 brake calipers, one hudraulic for ordinary brake, one mechanical for P-brake

and stock rear discs other models same ;)

Cheers thought it looked odd at the time!!

Was driving past Isuzu on Naratiwa today so popped in. Saw the Choiz and Titanium and thought whack some 20ins on that and I could get very close to my flooded house. The Salesman came out and gave me a test drive an where it lacks modern luxury it was a surprisingly good ride with a bit of oomph. He claims 14km per litre (tank is 75 litres) no VSA but that's not a problem for a manly man like me ;-) 2 airbags is disappointing as is no climate control but 3 aircons is a goodie. Not sure what SUV leaf springs are vs truck.

I can get a boat in the back and use the front camera for spying on folk down soi 4 so all good there.

It's a pickup that I could drive to the office, pick up clients from the airport and take the family to Samuii in w/out doling out a fortune to Bangkok Airways - my new crv is underwater this has me tempted as if I had said yea they would deliver on Wednesday... I walked out but I did look back!

2 Friends. gave me their views on the Moo. The Thai hated it,air con Mi De, and generally shoddy cheap feel. Changed from 10 Y.O.Camry .Now he changed to a Mitsu PJ. {seems to be the fashion recently.} The Brit says its fine as a School Run and Shopping truck, but says his old Toyota Sports Rider was better to drive. My Opinion ,give me a Honda CRV anytime, warts n alljap.gif

,g ive me a Honda CRV anytime, warts n alljap.gif

Not seeing one of those any time soon!

From weakpedia

Leaf springs were very common on automobiles, right up to the 1970s in Europe and Japan and late 70's in America when the move tofront wheel drive, and more sophisticated suspension designs saw automobile manufacturers use coil springs instead. Today leaf springs are still used in heavy commercial vehicles such as vans and trucks, SUVs, and railway carriages. For heavy vehicles, they have the advantage of spreading the load more widely over the vehicle's chassis, whereas coil springs transfer it to a single point. Unlike coil springs, leaf springs also locate the rear axle, eliminating the need for trailing arms and a Panhard rod, thereby saving cost and weight in a simple live axle rear suspension.

A more modern implementation is the parabolic leaf spring. This design is characterised by fewer leaves whose thickness varies from centre to ends following a parabolic curve. In this design, inter-leaf friction is unwanted, and therefore there is only contact between the springs at the ends and at the centre where the axle is connected. Spacers prevent contact at other points. Aside from a weight saving, the main advantage of parabolic springs is their greater flexibility, which translates into vehicle ride quality that approaches that of coil springs. There is a trade-off in the form of reduced load carrying capability, however. The characteristic of parabolic springs is better riding comfort and not as "stiff" as conventional "multi-leaf springs". It is widely used on buses for better comfort. A further development by the British GKN company and by Chevrolet with the Corvette amongst others, is the move to composite plastic leaf springs.

go for a ride in a Mitsu Triton followed by a ride in a Pajero Sport

or a Vigo pickup followed by a ride in a Fortuna

and you realize within seconds the major difference between leaf springs and coil springs

less comfy, shorter suspension travel, stepping out of the road while the coils keep vehicle on track

leafspring has its advantages in 1 ton load carriers as pickups, but are in a suv for one reason only, saving money

ad to that izus tiny brakes providing long braking distance, and extremely dated 3 sensor ABS system providing looonger braking distance when slippery, the dated tyres and 16 inchers can be replaced

then choose a suv :)

Must admit when I first saw one, it was an immediate I want... Jeremy Clarkson's review killed the dream - and many others compounded. Had to evac the family, wife, kid, 2 sisters, grandparents, 3 dogs and maid from Puttamonthon so considering a MU7 in case this flood is a new annual event for the Westside!

Big fan of TG, but asking JC's opinion on an SUV is like asking a vegetarian what the best cut of steak is, LOL :D

TG is pure entertainment - the whole thing is tongue in cheek, and controversy is req'd for every episode. Just look at what they said about the Bentley Mulsanne in series 16, episode 3! 555 :cheesy:

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Sure right there KBB. Re Vigo/ Fortuna/Spivo. The Vigo non Hi Rider runs rings rounds the 2 Tele Tubbies for accurate handling. It feels much safer too.The longer vigo wheel base is much more stable over 120. In fact not a bad ride at all. So a badly set up Cheap Shock IRS, is so much hot air.To get a Spivo right you need Billstiens. In most cases i doubt if the average ferang has driven a SUV before , so how can he say whats good or not..Seems to me Ozzies seem to have the Knowledge.bah.gif

My Opinion ,give me a Honda CRV anytime, warts n alljap.gif

Those are some mighty big warts though, lol :D

All acedemic anyway, the only CR-V you can buy right now is currently in BKK, under 1-2M of water - but I'm sure it'll be selling cheap once it dries out ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Every one to their own!

I personally like & now own a Fortuner, but that is not to say other vehicles in the same class are not better.

I hope your happy with your purchase , if you are , all good & well, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.does it?

Every one to their own!

I personally like & now own a Fortuner, but that is not to say other vehicles in the same class are not better.

I hope your happy with your purchase , if you are , all good & well, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.does it?

+1, :)

You must have figured wrong as the well or full background actually protects the most warn area on the truck. I've never used them personally but can easily understand the concept...giggle.gif Navara and dmax are not even SUV's...cheesy.gif When I read a post like yours I think hmmm. this guys must be a little 5'1' moron with half inch pecker who doesn't have a clue about what he's complaining about.. clap2.gif

Lol @ the chrome on the handle..

I get why some people make the handle chromed. It looks fine. But those who put the full background of the handle in chrome are just looking for status. If i saw this car on the road id think "Hmm there goes a 5'1 guy who saved 35years and sold 5 of his 6 Buddha amulets'

Pimped out correctly(including the ugly dashboard) the mu-7 imo can look extremely cool. Kind of like a weaker Escalade.

Would rather have a dmax or a nissan navara if i had to chose a boxy truck. Navara looks strong OEM and dmax can look very hot with some small and tasteful mods.

Edited by fullcave

You must have figured wrong as the well or full background actually protects the most warn area on the truck. I've never used them personally but can easily understand the concept...giggle.gif Navara and dmax are not even SUV's...cheesy.gif When I read a post like yours I think hmmm. this guys must be a little 5'1' moron with half inch pecker who doesn't have a clue about what he's complaining about.. clap2.gif

Lol @ the chrome on the handle..

I get why some people make the handle chromed. It looks fine. But those who put the full background of the handle in chrome are just looking for status. If i saw this car on the road id think "Hmm there goes a 5'1 guy who saved 35years and sold 5 of his 6 Buddha amulets'

Pimped out correctly(including the ugly dashboard) the mu-7 imo can look extremely cool. Kind of like a weaker Escalade.

Would rather have a dmax or a nissan navara if i had to chose a boxy truck. Navara looks strong OEM and dmax can look very hot with some small and tasteful mods.

Must agree, TL has a wee problem. :rolleyes:

All acedemic anyway, the only CR-V you can buy right now is currently in BKK, under 1-2M of water - but I'm sure it'll be selling cheap once it dries out ;)

My CR-V has crabs! Going to cancel my order and consider something with more clearance and a higher exhaust - Fortuner, d-max/hilux or mu7... May have to be the Fortuner just to retain some luxuries but hopefully the 2012 doesn't induce motion sickness like previous models. Only ever had motion sickness in the sports rider and fortuner.

My CR-V has crabs! Going to cancel my order and consider something with more clearance and a higher exhaust - Fortuner, d-max/hilux or mu7... May have to be the Fortuner just to retain some luxuries but hopefully the 2012 doesn't induce motion sickness like previous models. Only ever had motion sickness in the sports rider and fortuner.

I rather like the overall balanced look of the Captive and CRV, as opposed to the Toyota Tele Tubies , and the Chav MU Sid Yobbo in yer face look. Ive never felt the CRV is going to fall over any minute. Not tried the Captiva, but the Cruze has put me GM, Korean Re Builds.For a nice drive the Mitsu G.T takes some beating, but its not blingy enough for Wanabees, both ferang and Thai. IMO.neus.gif

Good on you mate. I don't know what basis those who say the MU7 is the worst. I've always been a Fortuner man. But after several years of tweaking old technology they've become dated. How many times can Toyota get away with putting a new front end on a car and call it new.

And the Mitsubishi is obviously trying to copy the Fortuna. No wonder they've got stock. because they're quiet ugly.

MU7 are very big and also dated. But if your happy, who cares.

I'm waiting to see what the next model Honda CRV is like. I saw a pic and it looks very good. Next generation is bound to have plenty of goodies and excellent dynamics.

And the Mitsubishi is obviously trying to copy the Fortuna.

Nar, the current model Pajero Sport is a follow-on from their previous-gen G-Wagon. Just as the Fortuner is a follow-on from the Hilux Surf (Sportrider), and the MU-7 is the progression of the Isuzu MU range, which has been around since the 80's...

Nar, the current model Pajero Sport is a follow-on from their previous-gen G-Wagon. Just as the Fortuner is a follow-on from the Hilux Surf (Sportrider), and the MU-7 is the progression of the Isuzu MU range, which has been around since the 80's...

And the pjs currently outsells the fortuner too:) The pjs is nice but I'm waiting to see how the new everest pans out:)

And the pjs currently outsells the fortuner too:) The pjs is nice but I'm waiting to see how the new everest pans out:)

Fortuner bounced back in September with advance-bookings of the "Champ" minor change finally turning into sales, beating the PJS by 400 units for that month - but the PJS still leads the segment with year-to-date sales 3,000 units ahead of the 2nd placed Fortuner.

But yeah, I think there's a few people interested in the wagon version of the new Ranger.. The quiet is deafening though, so hopefully that means the Ford boffins are too busy toiling to talk ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

You guys are cruel, when mocking him.

He is really happy and proud.

Let him be happy.

I think the MU7car looks just as stylish and beautiful as the new Range Rover.

250px-ISUZU_MU-7_1.jpgrange-rover-evoque.jpg

6253120062_2b0f4f5002.jpg

Range-Rover-Evoque-rear-side-view-1024x640.jpg

You probably are 100 % correct with your comment,only thing is that in the pictures I see one SUV and one delivery truck.

You guys are cruel, when mocking him.

He is really happy and proud.

Let him be happy.

I think the MU7car looks just as stylish and beautiful as the new Range Rover.

250px-ISUZU_MU-7_1.jpgrange-rover-evoque.jpg

6253120062_2b0f4f5002.jpg

Range-Rover-Evoque-rear-side-view-1024x640.jpg

Even tho one has to agree with the difference in looks, tis a tad disingenuous to use oldest most beat up and questionable colour scheme of moo in your versus.

Isuzu-Mu-7-Choiz-%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B3.jpg

There u go, much more betterer