What Visa Do I Need?

A Tourist Visa is probably the best option unless you want to study then and ED Visa may be appropriate.

If you get a double entry tourist visa, each entry is 60 days, and each entry can be extended at immigration for a further 30 days, therefore you would have about 6 months in total.60+30 +60+30=180)

You would then need to repeat the procedure by obtaining another 2 entry visa from a neighbouring country such as Malaysia if you wanted to stay longer. No proof of money is generallly required for this type of visa.

Dependant on your Nationality ?

The only thing you seem to qualify for is a Tourist Visa.

Get a 3 entry Tourist Visa.

Each entry gives 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

In total it will get you almost 9 months with 2 border runs and 3 extensions.

The Thai Consulate in Hull will issue by post.

A Tourist Visa is probably the best option unless you want to study then and ED Visa may be appropriate.

If you get a double entry tourist visa, each entry is 60 days, and each entry can be extended at immigration for a further 30 days, therefore you would have about 6 months in total.60+30 +60+30=180)

You would then need to repeat the procedure by obtaining another 2 entry visa from a neighbouring country such as Malaysia if you wanted to stay longer. No proof of money is generallly required for this type of visa.

Dependant on your Nationality ?

ok thanks, so after ive finished my 6 months i would have to go to a neighbouring country to get another 6 months how many times could i do this ? i am British by the way.

i spoke too a friend of mine who said there is a visa which lasts a year and u have to leave the country every 90 days,is there no way i could apply for this visa.

Legal marriage to a Thai is the normal criteria for issue of that visa. As for tourist visas a three entry prior to departure seems to be the best for a long stay. As for coming and going many Consulates will balk at issuing more after counting three in your passport but that will vary by Consulate/official and what there take on you is - the are mainly concerned with illegal workers.

Legal marriage to a Thai is the normal criteria for issue of that visa. As for tourist visas a three entry prior to departure seems to be the best for a long stay. As for coming and going many Consulates will balk at issuing more after counting three in your passport but that will vary by Consulate/official and what there take on you is - the are mainly concerned with illegal workers.

Ok thanks for your help. :)

"...also can i leave and enter as i please on a tourist visa ?"

If you leave and want to keep your 'permission to stay' until date, you'd need a re-entry permit.

You can leave and re-enter anytime to activate an unused, valid visa.

so i have to have a re-entry permit to come back into the country once im there,does this come with the visa automatically ?

when u say unused do u mean not yet all used ?