Opinions About The Sunee

downtown

thinking of staying at the Sunee in Ubon in November. over the last decade we've always stayed at the "grand" nevada/ubon international but man that place looks tired. ive had a look at the rooms at the sunee before and they look nice but what puts me is the oh so archetypcal band situ out front...surely you must hear that from the rooms at night?? shame because otherwise it looks nice.

Not at all "downtown' No noise from the band at all upstairs in the rooms.

I have stayed many times and have never heard the "Band".

The place is a bit overpriced for what it is and has no character at all. In fact it is a dam_n boring place.

Rooms are liveable for a few nights, however watch out for the shower over bath as the water runs down the side of the bath and on to the floor!

Otherwise it meets the needs.

B

Yes there is noise when a band is on. If you have a room facing the band it is really annoying. Simply ask for a room facing north instead of south and that problem is solved. The rooms are the best quality in town although they are far from a 5 star standard. Their prices though are very good and I find the place far from boring. With three kids in tow I actually think this is the most exciting place in town and we stay here numerous times every year.

If there was ever a war in Ubon i'd bet the journalists would be staying at the Sunee Grand - I've stayed a couple of times - i'd say it is a typical 4 star hotel with a US type mall stuck on the side, very swish, best pool, biggest rooms, but not so homely - its one of the newest places in Ubon - but not really my style - more of a conference / businessman type place - I've stayed at Phadaeng Mansion many times - free wi-fi, flatscreen TV, smaller rooms, no breakfast, 550bht/night., and close to the park + bar in the evening. If i had a family with kids - i'd stay at Sunee because of the pool + theres a kids fun park / Tesco next door. If no kids...Phadaeng.

yes ive read on the oh-so-objective tripadvisor about the shower problem. i think we will go for the sunee; its a shame because i know some of the nevada staff from way back but that place needs a major overhaul other than changing the name and increasing the prices

Can you folks use the free computers in the cafe to book flight tickets online? If not a quick songtaew/tuk tuk/taxi ride down the road to a travel agency might have to do. Failing that a taxi to the airport to book at the counters there or call the airlines direct and book.