DTAC Launches New Smartphone Packages

webfact

PRESS RELEASE

DTAC launches new smartphone packages

Customers who purchase 3G handset also receive up to Bt 1,200 discount on service fee and 15% cash back

Following the dtac 3G Expo, dtac launches new smartphone packages that better suit different smartphone models and lifestyles, offering more optimized value for both voice and data service usage. Customers who purchase participating 3G 850MHz compatible handset models also receive special offers including up to 15% cash back, a choice between 10-month 0% interest or 20-month 0.69% interest installment plan to be paid through participating credit cards, as well as up to Bt 1,200 discount on service fee. The offers are valid until October 31, 2011 at dtac centers and service halls nationwide.

Pakorn Pannachet, Senior Vice President - Products Division, Total Access Communication PLC. (dtac) said that "after the dtac 3G Expo, we have seen a sharp increase of demand for the dtac 3G service. The data usage in dtac network nationwide has grew 20%, especially in dtac 3G coverage areas, with a tremendous usage increase seen in social network sites. Therefore we decided to adjust our smartphone packages to better meet different consumer needs."

"dtac's new smartphone packages are designed to suit different mobile lifestyles. Packages with unlimited data usage for iPhone, Android and other smartphone platforms include Smartphone 699, Smartphone 899, Smartphone 1199, while packages for volume based usage includes Smartphone 399, for 200 MB monthly usage of 3G/EDGE, as well as other several packages. Customers who purchase new smartphone will also receive a discount of up to Bt 1,200 on service fee," added Pakorn.

In addition, dtac joined hands with leading credit card issuers to offer up to 15% cash back on purchase of participating 3G 850MHz smartphones together with dtac smartphone package. Participating credit cards include Krungsri Credit Card, HomePro Visa, Central Credit Card, Robinson Visa Card, Krungsri First Choice, Kasikorn, KTC, Standard Chartered, Siam Commercial and UOB cards. Customers can choose between paying by full amount or 10-month 0% interest installment plan, or enjoy 20-month 0.69% interest installment plan. The offers are available for a large selection of popular 3G-compatible smartphones from leading brands including Apple (iPhone), Samsung, HTC, Blackberry and Nokia, until October 31, 2011. For more information of the campaign, call dtac Call Center at tel. 1678, log on to www.dtac.co.th or contact dtac center/dtac service hall nationwide.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-07

That's all great, but when are they plan on offering 3G in phuket, AIS has been offering it here for the last few months, when I asked the local Dtac shop here as when they are going to gt 3G here they said they don't have ANY date. Looks like my only choice is to cancel my current Dtac unlimited data plan and go with AIS 3G instead.

dam_n you CAT for causing all this trouble!

Hello!

can someone tell me,what is the reason,that in thailand,and other asian countrys,the subsidisation,of smartphones,does not exisits,like in europe?

here the "force",the people,to make a contrant ,for 2 years,then all new smart phones,are free of charge!

in thailand,i have to pay 500€ and more for a new smartphone?

www.drei,at

i dont understand,why,the mobile operators,in asia,did not use a simular system like in europe, in a massmarket with millions of people?

I think that's the reason.

Hello!

can someone tell me,what is the reason,that in thailand,and other asian countrys,the subsidisation,of smartphones,does not exisits,like in europe?

here the "force",the people,to make a contrant ,for 2 years,then all new smart phones,are free of charge!

Most people here have prepaid phones. Girls change their numbers when they change the boyfriend.

Giving out phones for free and hoping that people pay 2 years for a contract is just totally unrealistic here.

Hello!

www.drei,at

i dont understand,why,the mobile operators,in asia,did not use a simular system like in europe, in a massmarket with millions of people?

I'd sooner buy the phone outright than being forced into a plan for two years just so the carrier can be assured you will not go to the competition.

I can't speak for European countries, but in Australia the cost of the phone will be factored into a minimum 18 month charge for the plan they lock you into...And of course you cannot use the phone on another network until the contract is fully paid out.

In any case they still stick you for the cost of the phone and the ridiculously high call premiums they charge.

These companies will offer what they call a "free" phone on a very cheap plan,with high call charges, but they usually only do this to help clear a backlog of very cheap old technology phones that no-one wants.

Telco companies in Aus are a bunch of used arsetowels IMO and most of their MO should be against anti-competition laws.:angry:

I find all the phone companies in Thailand extremely fair after having dealt with greedy <deleted> in OZ for so long

Hello!

www.drei,at

ITs nothing more then a loan they just increase the price of the package to pay you a smart phone. :D

I thought everyone understood that. Packages would be much cheaper if you had to pay for the phone yourself. So one way or the other you pay.

I pay $25 a month for the wifes Iphone and $45 a month for a plan unlimited calls in Australia to mobiles and landlines + 1G Data 2 year contract. Happy when I see a 15 page bill and do not have to pay no more.

Hello!

www.drei,at

I'd sooner buy the phone outright than being forced into a plan for two years just so the carrier can be assured you will not go to the competition.

I can't speak for European countries, but in Australia the cost of the phone will be factored into a minimum 18 month charge for the plan they lock you into...And of course you cannot use the phone on another network until the contract is fully paid out.

In any case they still stick you for the cost of the phone and the ridiculously high call premiums they charge.

These companies will offer what they call a "free" phone on a very cheap plan,with high call charges, but they usually only do this to help clear a backlog of very cheap old technology phones that no-one wants.

Telco companies in Aus are a bunch of used arsetowels IMO and most of their MO should be against anti-competition laws.:angry:

I find all the phone companies in Thailand extremely fair after having dealt with greedy <deleted> in OZ for so long