Passport Pictures

naammanow

The regulations for getting my new passport pictures are pretty complicated to say the least, size of picture, size from ear-to-ear, size from chin to top of head etc, quality, background, expression and so forth. This for a Dutch passport but think other countries probably just as complicated. Anyway, anybody knows a place in Chiang Mai that is familiar with foreign countries passport photos requirements and regulations? Thanks!

The Fuji shop round the corner from the British consulate is very familiar with the British ones. (Round the corner as in if you walk towards Mc Cormick Hospital from Brit consulate.

There is also another place across from CM Plaza Hotel that looks well organised and maybe worth a try.

Wherever you choose make sure they clearly understand the requirements and whatever you do don't have even a hint of smile.The Australian Embassy in Bangkok knocked my photos back. I had them done at a professional studio in Airport Plaza.If the Dutch Embassy is anything like the Australian they prefer you look like you are deceased.If you going to process your application in Bangkok best to go with their photo shop recommendation, who are probably around the corner.Just be prepared to pay twice as much.I did.

Great replies thanks! Will check the Chiang mai outlets this weekend. The BKK option near the Embassy might be a good option, they are familiar at least. Indeed, looking like a corpse is one of the requirements!

Most people up here have no problem looking like a corpse. biggrin.gif

Wherever you choose make sure they clearly understand the requirements and whatever you do don't have even a hint of smile.The Australian Embassy in Bangkok knocked my photos back. I had them done at a professional studio in Airport Plaza.If the Dutch Embassy is anything like the Australian they prefer you look like you are deceased.If you going to process your application in Bangkok best to go with their photo shop recommendation, who are probably around the corner.Just be prepared to pay twice as much.I did.

Aussie embassy tells you specifically where/how etc..very strict now because of holographic image rendering process so they said...they sent me a block right out of gate from embassy ..little hole in the wall place off parking lot under an office tower...was reasonable compared to visa/passport photos in NA ...25 frikking dollars for six in Vancouver!!!