Formula 1 In Bangkok?

PoorSucker

Great idea, just think. Double parking in the pit lane. Police checks during the race. Racing in both directions at the same time. At least 10 7/11's on the circuit and every driver has to perform 3 emergency stops to go in for something they just remembered. Motor bikes and som laws on the circuit at the start and free to interfere all the time, eating, drinking and making phone calls during the race, great entertainment, F1 as you have never seen it before, why has it taken so long to arrive, this could be thend of the Thai soaps :D

In Phuket the Tuk-Tuk drivers would block the race and demand that 50% of the drivers must take a Tuk-Tuk.

Yes. And everywhere, 10 seconds before the lights went green, 25 Thais on 5 Honda Dreams (all without helmets of course), would appear from nowhere, spread out and stop right in front of the cars on the front of the grid.

The moment the lights went green, they would all be so busy on their mobile phjones or picking their zits and noses in the mirrors they wouldn't even be in gear. While the drivers on the front row wondered why they had neither headlights nor horn buttons (Button?) to clear the obstructions, the drivers further back would already have engaged launch control and be rocketing into the backs of the guys up front.

Just as the whole grid shunted forward slowly in a multi million pound scrapyard mess, the Thai bikers would wake up and set off slowly, oblivious to the mayhem behind them and totally inaffected by it.

Oh yes, I can see it now.

Prince Bira Circuit beware!!

In Phuket the Tuk-Tuk drivers would block the race and demand that 50% of the drivers must take a Tuk-Tuk.

Yes. And everywhere, 10 seconds before the lights went green, 25 Thais on 5 Honda Dreams (all without helmets of course), would appear from nowhere, spread out and stop right in front of the cars on the front of the grid.

The moment the lights went green, they would all be so busy on their mobile phjones or picking their zits and noses in the mirrors they wouldn't even be in gear. While the drivers on the front row wondered why they had neither headlights nor horn buttons (Button?) to clear the obstructions, the drivers further back would already have engaged launch control and be rocketing into the backs of the guys up front.

Just as the whole grid shunted forward slowly in a multi million pound scrapyard mess, the Thai bikers would wake up and set off slowly, oblivious to the mayhem behind them and totally inaffected by it.

Been standing on the pedestrian over passes watching the Bangkok traffic have you. :lol:

:lol:

There's a lot of truth in humour.

I'd like to see the frustration of the warm up lap as the pace car turns out to be a 70 year old 45 kilo soaking wet uncle on a samlor with a buckled wheel or a rather large lady pushing her noodle stall handcart on the way home.

NEWS UPDATE: A new regulation has been introduced specifically for the Bangkok leg of the Formula 1 calendar. Should the starting grid be located at a four way intersection with traffic lights when the lighst turn to green driver's must wait a mandatory 10 seconds to ensure that some mong in a black Fortuner isn't coming from the red traffic light side flashing his lights and blasting his horn.

I read somewhere that a spokesman for the bring F1 to Bangkok suggested some out of the way area I've never heard of because it had" a good atmosphere". Well it's certainly "a good atmosphere" for those that own land in that area!

http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/9/official-floats-idea-of-thailand-f1-street-race-5480/

Some good quotes from above

>>"I think that street racing is interesting for Thailand because it involves lower investment.

>> “A good location would be Ratchadamnoen Avenue because it has a good atmosphere."

I read somewhere that a spokesman for the bring F1 to Bangkok suggested some out of the way area I've never heard of because it had" a good atmosphere". Well it's certainly "a good atmosphere" for those that own land in that area!

http://www.itv.com/f...reet-race-5480/

Some good quotes from above

>>"I think that street racing is interesting for Thailand because it involves lower investment.

>> "A good location would be Ratchadamnoen Avenue because it has a good atmosphere."

Walking Street has a good atmosphere too, second road as well although that might be the Wonderful bar.